Kitchen Manager- Ashburn
Company: BAR LOUIE
Posted on: May 26, 2023
At Bar Louie, we live to SERVE, our Guests, our -People, and our
Community. We do this by GROWING our PEOPLE (That's -YOU), our Fans
& our Company. While we are fiercely committed to a foundation of
daily routines, policies, and practices that ensure we stay Safe,
Healthy, and Compliant with all regulations and laws - we also
celebrate thinking differently and creating the -WOW -in the work
we do each day. We call this -Freedom within a Framework, and it
allows us to be consistent as a brand while also pursuing
continuous improvement. Whether we are collaborating with others or
completing a task alone, Integrity is key and a non-negotiable. And
though we are always busy and constantly changing - we also strive
to show empathy and to have a lot of FUN every single day. Bar
Louie offers a culture that is as diverse and unique as -YOU. - -
POSITION OVERVIEW As a Kitchen Manager, -at Bar Louie - your number
one focus is serving our guests -and our Team Members (TMs). The
safety, security, and wellbeing of our TMs, Guests, and Company
assets is your passion. You have the "hospitality gene" -and
-genuinely care about people. Your style is fun -but extremely
focused, and always professional. You have confidence, and we
support Freedom that allows you to -express your -unique
personality. BUT - you always lead within the Framework we have
provided - never cutting corners and never allowing your team to
cut corners either. As a member of Bar Louie's leadership team, you
are charged with driving profitable sales within your gastrobar's
4-walls. You do this by adapting your leadership style to ensure
you are getting consistently high performance from each member of
your team. Speaking of the team - you know how to attract; hire;
onboard; train, and retain a GREAT Team. You know that each Team
Member is a reflection of you, and you are always striving to be a
great example. You are smart and efficient - able to lead an
impactful pre-shift; run expo or jump on the line; coach a Team
Member up and sometimes out; inspire our Guests - all while driving
sales and running a safe and profitable shift. You take your cue
from our guests - matching your style to their mood.
- Exemplify -Bar Louie's Mission, Vision, and Values in the way
you -approach your -shift -each day. -
- Demonstrate -a maniacal -commitment -to cleanliness,
sanitation, safety, and accurate financials.
- Control the day-to-day culinary operations of the venue within
the policies and guidelines set forth by the company, including the
insurance of appropriate levels of staffing.
- Maintain a professional company image, including kitchen
cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all
dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
- Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory.
Determine the minimum and maximum stocks for all food, material,
and kitchen equipment.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper
storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory and
equipment, (2) replenish supplies, stock, uniforms, etc. in a
timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste and
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to
sinks, stoves, grills, hoods, coolers, freezers, etc., are in
proper operational condition and are cleaned regularly. Ensure that
all kitchen areas and related storerooms are cleaned, mopped, and
properly stocked according to anticipated business volume and in
accordance with sanitation and health department requirements.
Notify General Manager immediately of any maintenance and repair
- Resolve issues of TM conflict and wrong stock orders with a
- Rally staff during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts, and
getting the job done.
- Interact with guests, being friendly and courteous, to resolve
service issues or concerns.
- Ensure the kitchen staff provides consistent product and
service standards of the highest quality.
- Control BOH food costs through appropriate ordering,
maintaining weekly inventory, reviewing financial reports, and
taking necessary actions.
- Accurately and communicate standards and cooking methods to
staff, give orders and speak with customers.
- Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury
- Maintain kitchen organization and cleanliness in compliance
with Company and Health Department standards.
- Support and lead your team on all Local/State/Federal and
Company policies; processes and procedures.
- Provide tools and resources; coach and develop; redirect and
recognize efforts of team members.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and
- Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable
to this commitment -
- Complete all safe and secure training and processes -as
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.) -
- Enter and Exit building SAFELY
- Complete all opening and/or closing procedures
- Follow -all policies and processes communicated -by your
Manager or the Company. -
- Provide accurate availability; -check the schedule regularly
and -have consistent attendance. -
- All other duties based on business needs - SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A successful Kitchen Manager is not looking for a Monday thru
Friday desk job where you are at a computer all day. A GM at Bar
Louie thrives on engagement with people, with food and with
beverages. Our GMs know how to throw a great party any time of day
- without crossing the line and trying to become the "life of that
party." Between administrative work, our growing delivery business,
and 5 distinct Day Parts - our Kitchen Manager's are busy most of
the day! If you thrive while leading in an environment that is
fast-paced with competing priorities - welcome to Bar Louie.
- Here are a few skills you should bring to Bar Louie on Day 1 - -
- High school diploma or equivalent -and be at least 21 years of
age or older.
- Hospitality or restaurant experience -with keen interest and
knowledge of food service required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with Managers and Team
Members and Guests.
- The ability to coach and develop people at all experience
levels to succeed within their role.
- The ability to develop positive relationships with Team Members
- The ability to multi-task; manage deadlines and multiple
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly efficient, detail-oriented; focus on accuracy and
- Exceptional customer service skills. Famous for your
- The ability and desire to pursue constant improvement and
- Presents a professional, business-like image while representing
- Proficient in POS Systems; Inventory Systems and Microsoft
Office software products. BASIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS When working
at a gastrobar location, -Team members -must be able to perform the
duties of that location. - -The team member will frequently sit
-for short periods, talk -via -Cloud-Based video conferencing -and
the phone often, and hear and manipulate objects always. -
Additional requirements will include lifting ---to 10 (ten) pounds
regularly and up to 50 (fifty) pounds as required. Lifting from
floor to shoulder continuously and overhead infrequently and
twisting and reaching -frequently and grasping -objects to move or
manipulate always. Working in hot then cold environments for
extended periods.---May inadvertently bump into team members in a
relatively small work area.---Will stand and walk for -extended
periods.---FREQUENT hand washing -and sanitation is
-required.---Ability to use knives, slicing equipment, and other
food preparation equipment. -Team Member -must be able to
communicate with Guests and other Team Members -and manipulate
-handheld and desktop devices. - - We're an equal opportunity
employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: BAR LOUIE, Germantown , Kitchen Manager- Ashburn, Hospitality & Tourism , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...