Kitchen Supervisor, Big Meadows Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring a
seasonal Kitchen Supervisor to join our team at Big Meadows Lodge
in Shenandoah National Park , Virginia . Our ideal Kitchen
Supervisor is an experienced Cook who enjoys working in fast-paced
environment and takes pride in delivering high quality service and
food to guests.Minimum pay rate: $16.00 / hourInformation on our
comprehensive benefits package can be found at .We care about our
team member's personal and professional well-being. Delaware North
provides a benefits package designed to give you the comfort,
safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional experiences
for our guests. All team members receive benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesEligible team members may also receive:
health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement. Some
locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if
required by federal, state , or local law. Responsibilities
- Create weekly dining room menus from personal or established
- Supervise food prep work while maintaining food quality,
presentation and sanitation standards.
- Verify that all portion sizes, recipes, quality standards,
department rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen
- Supervise all associates with cleaning and food production in
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is in full working order.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of walk-ins and freezers
at all times.
- Actively maintain food cost within parameters set by culinary
- Effectively supervise proper breakdown, rotation, labeling,
dating, and storage of food.
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and
according to proper guidelines. Qualifications
- At least 2 years' experience as a Line Cook, Lead Line Cook, or
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in a leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions. Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity is sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip, etc.
a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently carrying 30 lbs.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of the shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the
waist, bending, and squatting.
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and
brooms. Who We Are Shenandoah National Park offers over 200,000
acres of protected lands with lots to explore including cascading
waterfalls, spectacular vistas, and quiet wooded hollows. It's a
great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go
canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a free meal during every
shift. At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Germantown , Kitchen Supervisor, Big Meadows Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Luray, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...