Retail Lead, Big Meadows Wayside
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring
seasonal Retail Worker Leads to join our team at the Big Meadows
Wayside in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. As Retail Worker
Lead, you will direct and supervise the activities and performance
of associates in your specific department. Minimum pay rate: $13.15
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
We care about our team member's personal and professional
well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to
give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver
exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesSome locations may implement a
vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal,
state, local law. Eligible team members may also receive: health,
dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid
vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
- Leads Team in creating an excellent guest experience by
monitoring the sales floor, greeting and acknowledging guests,
answering questions and assisting guests whenever possible. Directs
and supervises team members.
- Processes sales with appropriate point of sale system, accepts
payment, counts change and bags merchandise and maintains records
related to sales.
- Assists in leading team members to complete store operational
needs by assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Assists in training associates and leading team in maintaining
retail standards, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in regularly evaluating, creating, and maintaining
professional visual displays; provides direction to retail team
members regarding store merchandising and displays.
- Ensures integrity of physical inventory.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the
retail shops. Qualifications
- 1 year previous experience in retail or customer service
- Previous Leadership experience in retail or customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to
communicate with guests and team members; ability to prepare
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to
direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors'
instructions. Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool.
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and
operate point-of-sale system.
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled
environment of retail store.
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment
subject to climate fluctuations. Who We Are Shenandoah National
Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to
explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, and
quiet wooded hollows. It's a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish,
take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a
free meal during every shift. At Delaware North, you'll love where
you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's
in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic
hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your
career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in
a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you
have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our
vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and
its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin,
age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or
any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Germantown , Retail Lead, Big Meadows Wayside, Hospitality & Tourism , Luray, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...