Prep Cook, Big Meadows Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring a
seasonal Prep Cook to join our team at Big Meadows Lodge in
Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. Minimum pay rate: $14.00 /
hourInformation on our comprehensive benefits package can be found
at .We care about our team member's personal and professional
well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to
give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver
exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive
benefits including: Some locations may implement a vaccination
requirement in the future if required by federal, state, local
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesEligible team members may also receive:
health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Retrieves from storage areas all items necessary for
- Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly
- Labels, dates and wraps food product, adhering to ServSafe
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Follows all safety, security and kitchen procedures.
- Communicates with chef for any special instructions/training.
- Prior food preparation experience preferred, but not
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets.
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment
- Ability to follow instructions. Physical Requirements
- Frequent standing and/or walking for the entire length of the
- Manual dexterity is sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip, etc.
a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to variable temperatures, depending on the season; may
work frequently in a hot and/or damp environment.
- May be required to work in a confined space.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to cuts from broken glass,
metal cans, slipping, and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water. Who We Are Shenandoah
National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with
lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas,
and quiet wooded hollows. It's a great place to hike, camp, bike,
fish, take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and
a free meal during every shift. At Delaware North, you'll love
where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds.
Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks,
iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where
your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great
work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth.
If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen -
share our vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies,
Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North
is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Delaware North, Germantown , Prep Cook, Big Meadows Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...