Catering Supervisor, Skyland Lodge
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is searching
for a seasonal Catering Supervisor to join our team at Skyland
Lodge in Shenandoah National Park , Virginia . As Catering
Supervisor, you will work under the direction of the department
manager to ensure effective operations of all event spaces,
including training and supervision of catering team members.Minimum
pay rate: $15.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
We care about our team member's personal and professional
well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to
give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver
exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedulesEligible team members may also receive:
health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match,
paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and
tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement. Some
locations may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if
required by federal, state , or local law. Responsibilities
- Train and supervise catering associates and observe job
- Ensure catering associates properly prepare catered events for
guests; conduct walk-throughs to check for any issues.
- Ensure all food presentations and displays meet company
- Ensure responsible alcohol service and reports any
- Answer guest questions regarding food preparation or
ingredients, service, or billing.
- Resolve guest complaints, with the assistance of the department
- Ensure that all workstations, pantries, and storerooms remain
clean and sufficiently stocked; ensures replacement stock is
- Ensure all sanitation practices are used and Department of
Health guidelines are followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of service experience in a hotel,
full-service restaurant, catering facility, or club environment
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently, and courteously in a
- Good leadership and training skills; ability to teach others as
well as delegate tasks.
- Good communication skills; ability to effectively communicate
with guests, and retain and communicate menu information and
- Able to follow job procedures and manager instructions.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and
inventory. Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds for set-up, service, and
- Ability to stand and walk for the entire length of shift,
including walking up and down stairs and lifting as the work duties
- Variable temperatures - required to move between hot, noisy
conditions of kitchen and climate-controlled dining
- May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces. Who
We Are Delaware North is the food and beverage, retail, and lodging
partner at The Gideon Putnam, dating back to 2008. Set in Saratoga
Spa State Park, The Gideon Putnam is a 7-minute walk from Saratoga
Performing Arts Center and 7 miles from the boutique shops and
restaurants of downtown Saratoga. At Delaware North, you'll love
where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds.
Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks,
iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where
your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great
work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth.
If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen -
share our vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies,
Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North
is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Delaware North, Germantown , Catering Supervisor, Skyland Lodge, Hospitality & Tourism , Luray, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...