Housekeeping Colleague, West Virginia - Full Time (2830)
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join
Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires
Online sales are booming at Macy's. Our Distribution Center teams
are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make
sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer's
doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot
goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an
online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get
it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible - across the
country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people
working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles
you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers,
equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance,
safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role
you play - we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that's
right for you!
Responsible for the cleanliness of all common areas in the
distribution center. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Cleaning cafeteria including emptying garbage
- Outdoor cleaning, possible snow removal.
- Cleaning office areas, includes vacuuming, dusting, removing
- Sweeping and buffing floors.
- Cleaning rest rooms, follow appropriate guidelines for Blood
- Appropriate cleaning and disposal of blood or other potentially
infectious material spills.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required.
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening,
weekends, and/or holidays.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing
ladders, depth perception and color vision.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs.
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves
the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and
inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San
Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles
ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under
here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review
their rights and the Company's obligations under here.
Keywords: Macy's, Germantown , Housekeeping Colleague, West Virginia - Full Time (2830), Hospitality & Tourism , Hagerstown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!