Manufacturing Manager, 2nd Shift
Posted on: May 16, 2020
At the heart of QIAGEN s business is a vision to make improvements
in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science
and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started
out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full
power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees more than 5000 in over 35
locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have
outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we
are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science
and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new
challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and
international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on
people s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
SUMMARY OF JOB
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of Molecular Biology and
Vialing and Assembly personnel. Ensures that relevant regulations
(including QSR, ISO, OSHA, IVDD, MDD) are met and the production
schedule is satisfactorily attained. Analyzes work processes to
ensure that staff capacity and equipment utilization are maximized.
Responsible for managing documentation, departmental validation,
process improvement, development and product-transfer activities.
Able to effectively collaborate with peers to obtain favorable
***This position is on 2nd shift. The hours will be
MAIN TASKS (PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES) OF THE POSITION:
Manager Manufacturing Responsibilities:
Include the following but other duties may be assigned:
* Manage, mentor and foster the technical progression and
professional development of the Supervisors, Scientists and
Technicians of the area of responsibility
* Ensure that laboratories are maintained in accordance with
regulations and the production schedule is consistently met in a
timely manner with high-quality results
* Ensure that Manufacturing operational capacity is maintained to
meet the production forecast
* Ensure that personnel are adequately trained and effectively
utilized to perform their job functions safely, efficiently and
according to documented procedures
* Responsible for daily oversight of technical batch record review
and data analysis and financial shop order variance review,
assuring standard product costs are maintained
* Manage troubleshooting activities as needed by independently
designing experiments and analyzing data
* Review and write production MMRs and SOPs
* Manage investigations for manufacturing product/process
* Carry out validations and implement cost-reduction, process
efficiency and / or product quality improvements.
* Participate in the product-transfer process
* Report team metrics and performance measurements
* Direct supervision of Manufacturing Supervisors, Scientists and
* Must have a B.S./B.A. degree with at least 8 years of molecular
biology or related field , including at least two years prior
supervisory experience in a laboratory environment.
* Masters degree and previous GMP production experience
* Technical proficiency in molecular biology or related field and
previous experience in a biotechnology manufacturing
* Data analysis competency
* Strong leadership and organizational skills
* Knowledge of current QSR, ISO, OSHA, IVDD, MDD regulations
* Proficiency with basic laboratory equipment operation
* Proficiency with MS WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS and POWERPOINT
* Command of spoken and written English is required.
* Must be articulate and able to communicate effectively with
employees at all levels of the organization.
* Must be able to write and review complex technical documents.
* Excellent mathematical skills are required
* Must be able to exercise sound technical and business
decision-making responsibilities in a multi-tasking environment
Work environment (mental demands and other working conditions, such
as hot/ cold temperatures, exposure to chemicals and biohazards
* The work environment is fast-paced and involves the ability to
quickly change priorities and multi-task while maintaining a
professional demeanor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act
with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation
and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make
an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and
engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing
individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial
decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the
future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex
stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a
person s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression,
or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry,
medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any
other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: QIAGEN, Germantown , Manufacturing Manager, 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!