RN - Labor and Delivery
Company: Holy Cross Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Employment Type: Full time Shift: Rotating Shift Description:
Using the Quality Caring Model, the Labor & Delivery Nurse (L&D
Nurse) demonstrates expertise in performance and application of the
nursing process to plan and manage the care of patients in the
Labor and Delivery setting. Job Title: Registered Nurse - Labor &
Delivery Employment Type: Full time / 36 hours a week Shift:
Rotating Shift Location: Germantown, MD Position Highlights:
- Competitive pay; Sign-On Bonus to qualified applicants
- Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision, PTO, Free Parking, Metro
Access, Tuition Reimbursement, 403(b)
- Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
- Advancement:Opportunities to advance through the Clinical
- Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four
healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC
and Baltimore, MD Description:
- Using the Quality Caring Model, the Labor & Delivery Nurse
(L&D Nurse) demonstrates expertise in performance and
application of the nursing process to plan and manage the care of
patients in the Labor and Delivery setting.
- This role reports to the Director of Labor & Delivery.
- The L&D Nurse has a high level of autonomy while
collaborating with our care management team, including
anesthesiologist, physician, Level III NICU team and charge nurse.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to anticipate and manage
- Monitoring fetal heartbeat as well as administering medication,
coaching the mother and assisting with any complications that may
arise during delivery.
- Assist and circulate in operating room for cesarean sections,
tubal, and emergency obstetric and gynecological procedures.
- Charting via electronic medical records using EPIC.
- Coordinate with the patient safety nurses that are present 24
hours for deliveries, run codes, and assist with high-risk
deliveries. What you will need Required:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program; basic
professional nursing degree (with requirement to obtain a BSN/MSN
within a specific time frame)
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Nursing or
Compact State as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS certification (American Heart Association)
- At least 1-2 years of nursing experience in Labor & Delivery
- BSN or MSN preferred
- EFM (Electronic Fetal Monitoring) certification; or obtain
within 1st year of hire About us:
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that
serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two
largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy
Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations
and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing
innovative, high-quality health care services.
Holy Cross Hospital has received the award and achievement of being
one of Healthgrades 2021 and 2022 America's 100 Best Hospitals.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions. Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Holy Cross Health, Germantown , RN - Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!