Surgical Technologist II - Waynesboro Hospital
Company: WellSpan Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Description:Under general supervision, provides technical
services and assistance in the operating room at an intermediate
level and in accordance with established procedures, protocols and
regulations. Prepares operating rooms for surgery using appropriate
techniques. Acts as a resource for Surgical Technologist I.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets all expectations of Surgical Technologist I.
- Prepares the operating room for cases by setting up table,
instruments and supplies according to type of case.
- Prepares rooms between procedures and after terminal cleaning.
Monitors and restocks supplies.
- Drapes patients for surgical procedures.
- Assists the surgical team during operative procedures.
Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge and proficient practice
in the first scrub role in a majority of surgical procedures.
- Assists in maintaining correct count of instruments, sutures
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital
- Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Assists surgeons during operations by retracting tissues under
- Identifies and cares for specimens.
- Teaches scrub role to newly hired Surgical Technologists and
- Minimum Education Required: Post High School
- Completion of course for surgical technologists
- Required Certification:
- BLS certification
- Successful completion of a Surgical Technologist (ST) program
sponsored by an entity holding nationally recognized institutional
or programmatic accreditation and hold and maintains a ST
certification from an accredited certification program OR
- Successful completion of appropriate training program for
surgical technology in the United
- States Army, Navy, or Air Force OR
- Provides evidence of an ST certification from an accredited
certification program OR
- Was employed to practice surgical technology as the
individual's primary function in another health care facility at
any time during the two years immediately preceding December 29,
- Minimum Experience Required: 2 - 3 years
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Germantown , Surgical Technologist II - Waynesboro Hospital, Healthcare , Waynesboro, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!