Company: Grafton Integrated Health Network
Posted on: January 15, 2022
There has never been an era in which there is more flexibility
for a therapist. The need is great, and the avenues are many. You
can build your own private practice. You can provide tele-therapy
services. You can join a fee-for-service provider.At the end of the
day, however, these opportunities have one thing in common:
loneliness. Some therapists prefer to practice individually, we
understand that. But there is a group that would much rather work
as part of a larger team. This group also generally prefers
complexity because it is the very reason they studied psychotherapy
in the first place. Within that group there is a smaller group that
is extremely mission driven to provide therapeutic interventions
for people with developmental delays.Wait! Most evidence-based
practices are not designed for individuals with developmental
delays! Those individuals require a strictly behavioral approach!We
couldn't disagree more---At Grafton we have been happily mixing
behavioral and psychotherapeutic approaches together for decades.
We understand that developmental or intellectual delay does NOT
mean that an individual CANNOT achieve insight. Or learn new
skills. Or practice mindfulness. Or meditate. Or learn pro social
behaviors. Or participate in social activities. & etc.In fact, our
entire approach to care is entirely centered upon a trauma-informed
perspective. We believe van der Kolk when he says trauma changes
the brain. We realize that we should focus primarily on comfort,
not on control. We have eliminated the use of restraint in most of
our programs and significantly minimized it in our sub-acute
setting. We teach all staff to follow these simple precepts:We also
believe in empiricism, we value sub-specialization, and support
life-long education, and we want clinical decision-making to be
based on data, not conjecture. We are doing innovative stuff over
here. Our consulting division is active in over 35 states. Come
learn more. This could be the place where you do your best work,
and you truly help someone get their life back.By the way, if you
are starting out in your career, and are post-masters but as of yet
unlicensed - we will bend over backwards to make sure you get your
supervision -for free.
For formality's sake, here is our dry as a bone job
description:GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOBUnder general supervision,
plans and implements therapeutic and counseling services and
programs for assigned Grafton students. Duties include assessing
student cognitive, behavioral, social and emotional needs and
developing therapeutic goals and objectives for the student's IEP.
Develops and implements therapy plans, sessions and activities to
meet identified goals and objectives. Reports to a Clinical
Administrator.SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESESSENTIAL JOB
- Provides therapeutic and counseling programs and services for
assigned students; to include individual and group therapy
- Conducts student assessments and evaluations to determine
abilities and needs with regard to cognitive, behaviors, social and
emotional development. Develops therapeutic goals and objectives
and treatment plan for each student based upon needs, and
abilities. Writes therapeutic and behavioral goals and objectives
for the student IEPs.
- Develops therapy plans, activities and experiences which
address the identified goals and objectives Prepares materials for
planned activities and therapy sessions. Conducts individual and
group therapy sessions. Implements activities and provides
experiences which develop student cognitive, social and problem
- Collects and records behavioral and progress related data
obtained from therapy sessions and other program activities.
Evaluates students' achievements and progress pertaining to
therapeutic and behavioral programs. Documents progress,
accomplishments and behavioral developments in quarterly progress
reports, discharge summaries and annual reviews.
- Consults with supervisors, academic peers, and other Grafton
staff relating to student treatment plans and needs. Ensures
compatibility of instructional formats and management procedures
for each student in concert with his treatment team and overall
treatment needs. Provides behavioral consultation and guidance to
other Grafton staff working with assigned students.
- Serves as advocate for students; recommends, co-designs and
helps to ensure implementation of student transition plans.
- Reviews admissions packets and participates in pre-placement
- Identifies and obtains necessary supplies and equipment.
- Implements crisis intervention strategies as needed. Documents
and reports all incidents in accordance with policies and
procedures. Serves on-call therapist to respond to student
- Maintains open communications and provides information and
interpretations to parents, guardians and other human services
agencies regarding student progress, needs and treatment
- Participates in a variety of meetings and committees such as
IEP meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Provides program related training to Grafton staff as
requested.ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides input and participates in policy and procedure
- Attends conferences and workshops to keep abreast of
professional trends, developments and techniques.
- Performs other work as assigned.MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a master's degree in counseling, social work or
psychology. Prefer clinical experience providing counseling
services and therapy.
- Must be license eligible and have a supervision contract in
place that ensures they are obtaining supervision toward licensure.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTSValid driver's license required.EMPLOYEE
- Medical, dental and vision
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k), including an employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Education Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term disability (STD)
- Long-term disability (LTD)
- As Grafton is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, you may be eligible for
federal student loan forgivenessGrafton is an equal employment
opportunity employer and tobacco-free workplace.EducationRequired
- Masters or better in Social Work or related field
- Masters or better in Psychology or related field
- Masters or better in Counseling or related fieldLicenses &
- Driver's LicensePreferred
- Supervisee - LCSW
- Resident in Counseling
Keywords: Grafton Integrated Health Network, Germantown , Therapist I, Healthcare , Winchester, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!