Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist (Part Time) (Days)
Location: Mill Creek
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist
(Part Time) (Days)
Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services, Medical Technologist, Lab
Work Type: Part time
Department: GJSH Laboratory Medicine Team
Date Posted: 05/24/2021
Job ID: R-07723
Job Summary Performs and reports various analyses from multiple
specimen sources. Performs duties to provide the highest level of
patient care and maximize patient satisfaction. Meets the
qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age
range on their assigned clinical area.
- Maintains an expected level of productivity.
- Manages multiple work processes efficiently.
- Completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Handles specimens properly.
- Confirms identification and specimen suitability.
- Uses appropriate accessioning procedures.
- Recognizes discrepancies on patient orders.
- Resolves and reports problems and solutions as
- Performs and records instrument maintenance, troubleshooting,
and quality control.
- Replenishes reagents and supplies according to established
- Follows established reporting procedures, computerized, verbal,
and manual as appropriate.
- Navigates and accesses multiple computer applications as needed
for job functionality.
- Assists in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Participates in educational activities to maintain current
knowledge in the field.
- Successful completion of initial and subsequent competency
exams required.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position Details Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited
college/university AND successful completion of an
ASCP/NAACLS-accredited Medical Technology program OR;
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited
college/university with a major in biological, chemical, physical
or clinical laboratory science AND ASCP categorical
certificationMedical Lab Technician:
- Associate degree in a laboratory science with certification (or
eligible new graduate) from an accredited institution as either a
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a hospital laboratory
- Familiarity with medical terminology and laboratory information
systems preferred.This position offers a competitive salary and
compensation package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
match and generous PTO. We--ve recently added two additional
benefits to support growing families and active service members:
- 80 hours of paid parental leave following a child--s arrival
through birth, adoption, legal guardianship or foster care
- 80 hour of paid military leave for employees serving in the
Reserves and National GuardMilitary experience will be considered.
US Army 68K Medical Laboratory Specialist, US Navy Medical
Laboratory Technician, US Air Force Medical Laboratory
Education Bachelor's Degree-Related Field of Study (Required),
Bachelor's Degree-Medical Technology (Preferred)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Laboratory (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Certified Medical Laboratory
Technician (ASCP) - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP);
Valid Driver's License - Default Issuing Body; Certified Medical
Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist - American Society for
Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Germantown , Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist (Part Time) (Days), Healthcare , Mill Creek, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!