Dialysis Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Dialysis Care Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Dialysis Licensed Practical NurseDialysis Care Center
-ChambersburgPURPOSE AND SCOPE:Supports the mission, core values,
and customer service of Home Dialysis Services & Dialysis Care
Center, LLC (HDS/DCC).Adheres to the HDS/DCC Policies and
Procedures and Compliance Program including all state and federal
regulatory requirements.The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible
for providing and coordinating exceptional care for our
Hemodialysis patients in the assigned In Center(s).PRIMARY DUTIES /
- Provide direct patient care for assigned patient(s).
- Perform all technical aspects of dialysis procedures for
assigned patients as prescribed. Administer and monitor treatments
in accordance with the current treatment plan or as directed by the
- Monitor and document dialysis treatment parameters on dialysis
flow sheets. Document other information related to the care of the
patient in the individual patient record.
- Responsible for reporting any significant information, change
in patient condition, or equipment problems to the supervisor.
- Assist in developing and following the teaching plan to educate
the patient and family regarding end-stage renal disease, dialysis
therapy, diet, and medications.
- Assist with all emergency operational procedures.
- Administer intravenous medication in accordance with physician
orders and state nurse practice laws.
- Perform and document pre, interim, and post-treatment reviews
of patient condition.
- Initiate basic CPR measures in the event of cardiac and/or
pulmonary arrest and respond to emergency situations related to
- Safely operate all dialysis-related equipment according to the
- Provide minor troubleshooting when necessary.
- Ensure a clean, safe, and sanitary environment in the dialysis
facility treatment area.
- Ensure all blood spills are immediately addressed according to
HDS/DCC Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
- Operate all emergency equipment effectively in accordance with
the standard operating procedures.Staff Related:
- Participate in staff meetings as scheduled.
- Assist in short-term and long-term patient care plan
- Acquire information and knowledge in current practice related
to dialysis principles and techniques by participating in scheduled
- Act as a resource person for other staff members. Assist with
the coordination of the care plan with the Physician, Dietitian,
and Social Worker.
- Other duties as assigned.CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for supporting the values and customer service
standards of HDS/DCC.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all staff,
clients, and vendors
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Initiates action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding
customer service issues with all customers in a timely
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing (LPN,
- Current CPR CertificationEXPERIENCE:
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced
setting; experience in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, and
Excel a must
- Good presentation & communication skills
- Must be productive & resourceful with the ability to meet
- A minimum of 6 months of hemodialysis experience
preferred.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical
demands and work environment characteristics described are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Day-to-day work includes desk and personal
computer work and interaction with prospective and current clients.
The position requires travel between assigned facilities and
various locations. Travel to scheduled staff meetings may be
required.The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
The work environment is also characteristic of a dialysis center or
a patient's home and as such the employee may be exposed to
infectious and contagious diseases/ materials.Must be able to lift
30 pounds as needed.
Keywords: Dialysis Care Center, Germantown , Dialysis Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Chambersburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!