Clinic Registered Nurse Supervisor - Orthopaedics
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Title: Clinic Registered Nurse Supervisor - Orthopaedics
Job Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse
Work Type: Full time
Department: Musculoskeletal Institute Division
Date Posted: 02/17/2021
Job ID: R-09833
Job SummaryAre you a RN looking to join our team of Healthcare
Heroes? Through professional growth, quality improvement, and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows nurses to grow their skillsets, develop their practice,
and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding,
lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger nurses make a difference
in the lives of the people they see every day- our friends,
neighbors, and family members.
Job DutiesWorks with the Operations Manager/Director to provide
administrative leadership assistance. Responsible for the
day-to-day operational activities, human resources management,
patient safety, and performance improvement, as well as all
regulatory requirements of assigned area. Functions in an 80%
administrative/20% clinical capacity.
- Maintains responsibility for the operation accountability for
- Provides administrative leadership support to the Operations
Manager and Director.
- Ensures compliance with all mandated regulations and
- Assists with creating and maintaining standards, operational
activities, and performance measurement tools that meet operational
and market needs in operational efficiency, quality, access, and
- Assures that patient concerns are investigated and fully
- Assists Operation Manager and Director with the financial
performance of all assigned areas.
- Reviews manpower needs and requests changes as needed.
- Manages all nursing support staff.
- Works with department RN Team Leaders or Leads to provide
direction, guidance, and follow-up.
- Works with Operations Manager and Director in all performance
management activities and recruitment activitites for non-physician
staff Maintains appropriate staffing levels and mix.
- Leads and monitors annual staff patient safety education.
- Monitors all incidents, serious and sentinel events, and
ensures all events are reported.
- Participates on teams designed to improve care with identified
patient populations upon request.
- Assumes safety, operational efficiency, and effectiveness of
- Provides input into decisions to purchase equipment and
long-range planning for technology.
- Ensures that the patient safety improvement and management
program will be given high priority and will support the
program.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
Position DetailsWork Schedule:
- Monday through Friday: Day Shift
- No weekends, holidays or on-callPrior experience as an RN
Supervisor strongly preferred.This position requires occasional
travel to Port Matilda, PA for meeting.We're proud to offer
competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement-
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Germantown , Clinic Registered Nurse Supervisor - Orthopaedics, Healthcare , Petersburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!