Company: Provision People
Posted on: November 19, 2019
SummaryOur client, an established Durable Goods Manufacturer and
Distributor is seeking a professional, experienced, versatile
Logistics Manager with extensive 3PL, Transportation Program
Management, and Inventory Control experience.
- Analyzing transportation needs
- Developing logistics strategy
- Planning, implementing, assisting with budgeting
- Aligning transportation of products from the distribution
center and facilities as required to ensure our customers and the
company's business needs are aligned to its goals and
- Develop and recommend for approval, freight policies relating
to entire scope of our customers, as applicable, to ensure goals
and objectives for customer satisfaction and business growth
integration occur to ensure strategic initiatives are
- Analysis of freight plans from a strategic perspective to
ensure full transparency of cost/benefit relationships to ensure
the freight structures provide a win-win scenario.
- Recommend and coordinate to key stakeholders, such as traffic,
inventory replenishment, warehouses, order center, and plants
shipping, procedural improvements beyond specific programs to be
the best overall value of service and costs.
- Work with 3rd party Freight/Audit/Pay providers on resolving
any open transition issues and analysis of area for continuous
- Collaborate with other Division's regarding logistical
functions that will mutually leverage our overall enterprise goals
and objectives and align strategic initiatives with our
- Work directly with Sales and Marketing in evaluating customer
logistics opportunities and requirements in the field and
coordinate improvement strategies to align with overall logistics
processes to achieve division growth objectives/goals.
- Maintain current knowledge of latest innovations in logistics
through benchmarking, training, etc.; and recommending best
practices that will provide "Best in Class" processes and service.
Examples would be potential 3PL support for supply chain
improvement opportunities to lead/support Inventory level analysis,
dynamic safety stock, service level, RM master-pack/inbound
frequency, Global souring supply chain opportunities, Advanced
- Assist with the finished goods inventories and DS/Warehouse
costing analysis for recommending opportunities to benefit Direct
Ship, Warehouse Ship, and Will Call processes for the continuous
growth of our Division.
- Collaborate with negotiations and implementation of
carrier-based initiatives with the utilization of corporate
resources and initiatives as applicable.
- Assist with reporting and continuous improvement activities to
ensure outbound freight costs are held within the budgetary
requirements and continuous improvement objectives are identified
and resourced as applicable.
- Monitor and present monthly reports to reflect clear and
concise performances of department goals and budgets and
collaboratively work with our manufacturing locations and logistics
teams on opportunities for improvement to ensure goals and
objectives are met.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate field (i.e., Business,
Logistics, Traffic, etc) Master's Preferred
- Experience with evaluation, selection, and leadership with
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in traffic management,
inventory, warehousing, or logistics
- Must have Oracle experience
- Must have top-level Excel Skills
- Must have a background implementing KPI's
- Experience in managing logistics, traffic, and warehousing in
multi-plant and multi-warehouses locations desirable
- Direct experience in negotiations (i.e., freight carriers and
3PL's as applicable)
- Experience in managing a departmental operations budget
- Demonstrated ability in intra-/inter departmental
- Experience in standardized audits/inventory methods and
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, resource management and
time management skills
- Experience in project cost management/analysis
- Strong team-building skills with excellent communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Visionary, with energy and drive to succeed
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with others in a team
Keywords: Provision People, Germantown , Logistics Manager, Executive , Washington, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!