Category Strategy Manager
Company: Oshkosh Corporation
Posted on: May 26, 2023
About JLG, an Oshkosh companyJLG began in 1969, when our
founder, John L. Grove set out to resolve growing safety concerns
in the construction industry. Since then we have been committed to
understanding the challenges and delivering innovative solutions to
the access market. We partner with customers to provide quality
equipment, training opportunities and trusted support within the
access industry. We are a global company, and our
products-including mobile elevating work platforms, telehandlers,
utility vehicles and accessories-can be found all over the
world.The Manager of Category Strategy position is a mid-manage
level role responsible for direct materials and/or indirect goods
and services purchasing and supply chain management activities. The
role directly supports global procurement and supply chain
functional areas of responsibility. The typical role is responsible
for overall organizational and department purchasing activity in
support of business or segment operations. The position has
responsibility for supplier performance and continuous improvement
of purchasing activities.YOUR IMPACTThese duties are not meant to
be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Lead segment or regional supply chain management activities
that drive operational effectiveness.
- Develop meaningful relationships with team members and senior
leaders across multiple functional areas.
- Provide People First leadership through engaging, connecting
and developing a high-performance purchasing team that maximizes
the potential of the supply chain professionals.
- Manage purchasing policies, procedures, and programs with a
focus on enhancing organizational value and efficiency.
- Cadence with respective departments, operations and supply
chain leadership team regarding purchasing activities.
- Develop, lead and execute local/business unit purchasing
strategies including Supplier Alignment/PFEP initiatives.
- Lead the execution of purchasing operations; drive
modernization and digitization of purchasing operations.
- Lead supplier risk mitigation activities.
- Govern supply chain/purchasing master data and ensure effective
and accurate data management practices are in place.
- Establish, measure and report key functional performance
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure effective use of supply
chain and operations resources and lead the management of
purchasing related overhead to optimize the effectiveness of
purchasing and operations in the leanest way possible.
- Develop predictive and advanced analytics methods to assess,
manage and mitigate material flow disruption issues, optimize
supply chain operations and employ lean purchasing processes.
- Assist in defining new supply chain technology requirements in
support of the purchasing processes and drive implementation in
partnership with Digital Technology.
- May oversee contract administration for local business
- Bachelor's degree with eight (8) or more years of experience
within in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or a related field.
- Ability to travel 40%.STANDOUT QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant industry related certifications.
- Purchasing experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Experience mentoring and leading team members through direct
reporting relationships or project work.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through
and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to
multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements
are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software
applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
SharePoint, etc.WHY OSHKOSH?Moving the future forward is our
priority and this includes your future. We encourage professional
development and champion our employees' success through various
skills and training opportunities. Named one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive
years, everything we do at Oshkosh is guided by our core values and
the -15k+ team members around the world who embody them.We put
people first. We do the right thing. We persevere. We are better
together.Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering
reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If
you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any
part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009
or firstname.lastname@example.org.Oshkosh Corporation
is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This
company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will
in no way affect the decision regarding an employment
application.Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Corporation, Germantown , Category Strategy Manager, Executive , Hagerstown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...