Trade Compliance Manager
Company: Thales Defense & Security, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
OverviewThales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company
serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with
innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and
avionics, naval/maritime, and public safety and security domains.
In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company
provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies;
SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; and data protection
solutions. Furthermore, the company serves as a gateway for
technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutionssuch as combat
management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic
warfareto address U.S. requirements. - -COVID-19 Statement -The
health and safety of our employees is a top-priority at Thales
Defense & Security, Inc. - In order to provide the safest possible
environment for our employees, their loved ones, our customers and
the communities in which we do business, every employee is expected
to do his/her/their part by getting vaccinated and following our
safety protocols. - -Top Benefits -
- Competitive Salary
- Yearly Incentive Bonus Program
- Generous 401(k) program - - up to 7% company contribution and
100% immediate vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid wellness, vacation, and holiday leave
- Paid maternity, paternity, and parental leave
- 9/80 Work Schedule (every other Friday off)ResponsibilitiesThe
Trade Compliance Manager is responsible for day-to-day operational
aspects of trade compliance requirements for assigned internal
stakeholders. - Reporting to the Senior Manager, Trade Compliance,
this role ensures compliance with U.S export and import regulations
including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Foreign Trade Regulations
(FTR), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations, and other
export/import regulations from a both licensing and international
logistics perspective. -Responsibilities include: - -
- Provide overall trade compliance guidance and support to TDSI
internal stakeholders (PM, BD, Contracts, Logistics) on day-to-day
trade compliance operational activities and issues including:
export control requirements, authorization determinations for
hardware, technical data, and services (licenses, TAAs, exemptions
or exceptions) and restricted party screening (RPS).
- Prepare and monitor licenses applications, technical assistance
agreements, and import permits for hardware and technical
data/defense services. Monitor other export control and import
control recordkeeping and documentation requirements. Administer
and oversee compliance with authorizations when appropriate.
- Complete ITAR/EAR/HTS classification determinations in
conjunction with internal stakeholders.
- Provide guidance for logistics personnel on license
applicability for export and imports.
- Provide input to the Senior Manager, Trade Compliance regarding
trade compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines for TDSI
- Audit, on request, TDSI business activities to measure
compliance with internal policies and procedures implemented to
ensure compliance with U.S. trade controls and licensing
requirements and support investigations of any potential
- Develop and foster relationships with internal departments
involved in trade compliance activities.Qualifications
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- May be selected for work that requires ability to obtain and
maintain US Secret Level Security Clearance.
- 5+ years professional experience in ITAR, EAR, and/or Customs
compliancepreferably for a high technology or aerospace/defense
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Software
- Proficient in Government systems for authorization submission
and approvals including DECCS, SNAP-R and ACE.
- Strong knowledge of ITAR, EAR, CBP, and other export/import
- Experience in USML/EAR and HTS/Schedule B classification for
high tech electronics hardware and associated technical information
and software including VR/AR, encryption, and open source software
use and application. Engineering experience a plus.
- Experience in customs brokerage or import compliance a
- Demonstrated research and analytical ability to provide
problem-solving solutions and recommendations.
- Working Knowledge of OCR Ease System desirable.
- Occasional domestic and international travel required.
- Ability to comply with all Company guidelines, policies,
procedures and embrace Company Core Values. -For specific questions
about this job posting, candidates may contact the recruiter at
firstname.lastname@example.org. -Thales champions inclusion and we believe
diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal
Thales is an E-Verify employer. -Thales is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other
characteristic protected by law. -If you need an accommodation or
assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please
call Human Resources at 240-864-7630.
Keywords: Thales Defense & Security, Inc., Germantown , Trade Compliance Manager, Executive , Clarksburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!