Trade Compliance Manager
Company: Thales Defense & Security
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company serving the
defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions
for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, naval/maritime, and
public safety and security domains. In addition to mission-critical
communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays
and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar
systems; and data protection solutions. Furthermore, the company
serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide
solutionssuch as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and
ground ISR; and electronic warfareto address U.S. requirements.
The health and safety of our employees is a top-priority at Thales
Defense & Security, Inc. In order to provide the safest possible
environment for our employees, their loved ones, our customers and
the communities in which we do business, every employee is expected
to do his/her/their part by getting vaccinated and following our
* Competitive Salary
* Yearly Incentive Bonus Program
* Generous 401(k) program - up to 7% company contribution and 100%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid wellness, vacation, and holiday leave
* Paid maternity, paternity, and parental leave
* 9/80 Work Schedule (every other Friday off)
The Trade Compliance Manager is responsible for day-to-day
operational aspects of trade compliance requirements for assigned
internal stakeholders. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Trade
Compliance, this role ensures compliance with U.S export and import
regulations including Export Administration Regulations (EAR),
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Foreign Trade
Regulations (FTR), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations,
and other export/import regulations from a both licensing and
international logistics perspective.
* Provide overall trade compliance guidance and support to TDSI
internal stakeholders (PM, BD, Contracts, Logistics) on day-to-day
trade compliance operational activities and issues including:
export control requirements, authorization determinations for
hardware, technical data, and services (licenses, TAAs, exemptions
or exceptions) and restricted party screening (RPS).
* Prepare and monitor licenses applications, technical assistance
agreements, and import permits for hardware and technical
data/defense services. Monitor other export control and import
control recordkeeping and documentation requirements. Administer
and oversee compliance with authorizations when appropriate.
* Complete ITAR/EAR/HTS classification determinations in
conjunction with internal stakeholders.
* Provide guidance for logistics personnel on license applicability
for export and imports.
* Provide input to the Senior Manager, Trade Compliance regarding
trade compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines for TDSI
* Audit, on request, TDSI business activities to measure compliance
with internal policies and procedures implemented to ensure
compliance with U.S. trade controls and licensing requirements and
support investigations of any potential violations.
* Develop and foster relationships with internal departments
involved in trade compliance activities.
* U.S. Citizenship Required.
* May be selected for work that requires ability to obtain and
maintain US Secret Level Security Clearance.
* 5+ years professional experience in ITAR, EAR, and/or Customs
compliancepreferably for a high technology or aerospace/defense
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Software Applications
* Proficient in Government systems for authorization submission and
approvals including DECCS, SNAP-R and ACE.
* Strong knowledge of ITAR, EAR, CBP, and other export/import
* Experience in USML/EAR and HTS/Schedule B classification for high
tech electronics hardware and associated technical information and
software including VR/AR, encryption, and open source software use
and application. Engineering experience a plus.
* Experience in customs brokerage or import compliance a plus.
* Demonstrated research and analytical ability to provide
problem-solving solutions and recommendations.
* Working Knowledge of OCR Ease System desirable.
* Occasional domestic and international travel required.
* Ability to comply with all Company guidelines, policies,
procedures and embrace Company Core Values.
For specific questions about this job posting, candidates may
contact the recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the
fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a
position with Thales, please call Human Resources at
Keywords: Thales Defense & Security, Germantown , Trade Compliance Manager, Executive , Clarksburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!