Associate Director ERP
Posted on: November 26, 2022
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
As an Associate Director ERP, you'll be responsible for Technical
Product Management for Verizon's Global S/4 HANA ERP instance, and
legacy ECC instances, you will collaborate with stakeholders across
Network, Supply Chain and Finance to create solutions that enable
us to optimize spend, increase process efficiency as we sell to
customers, build the network, report externally, all the while
strengthening our controls. Your work will focus on shaping
business processes, product vision and strategy, roadmap and
backlogs around key mission objectives, delivering features from
concept to launch through agile delivery methodologies, ensuring
value realization, run governance and support that delivers
outstanding business results / user experience.
Funded for 100 million dollars in annual investment to drive
transformation at scale, this role requires experience in
delivering extremely large and complex process transformation /
system implementations including process design, functional design,
technical / solution architecture, human centered design,
environment and deployment strategies, operational readiness and
change management across multiple functions spanning the SDLC
The ideal candidate for this role will be equal parts business and
technical leader to be successful, with the ability to set rigorous
technical / architectural standards whilst speaking the language of
our business partners. Deep knowledge of transactional processes,
data and reporting are essential as is deep experience delivering
cross functional ERP implementations. Focusing on driving the
innovation agenda, this leader will work with internal and eternal
industry leaders to shape world-class capabilities and enable
As a people leader, this leader will drive a large team of Verizon
Technical Product Owners and 3rd party partners, as well as
influence Global Process Owners to deliver transformative
solutions. This leader will makes decisions regarding hiring,
promotion and disciplinary actions. Coaches, trains and motivates
the team to achieve subject matter expertise.
Accountable end to end from vision / strategy through to delivery,
value realization and run support / governance - this leader will
focus on the big picture and have the discipline to drive massive
transformational efforts. Strong people leadership and influencing
skills are essential. Are you up for the challenge?
- Develop, own, and execute the product roadmap.
- Partner with stakeholders to inform the product vision,
strategy, features and prioritization.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned
products, balancing the requirements of the business.
- Leads the product functional design process.
- Identify and drive strategy for implementation of new systems
- Drive strategy for upgrades and enhancements to existing
applications (e.g., SAP, Oracle) and manages future software
direction and enhancements.
- Coordinate support for systems initiatives driven by other
groups if there are impacts to financial systems.
- Manage large teams of consultants and employees, including
directing cross functional teams.
- Leads selection process for external project support and sets
direction for provider.
- Orchestrates successful delivery of the ERP Convergence
- Develops/assists with project plans, including estimates, work
breakdown structure and schedules.
- Identifies key project milestones.
- Coordinates and directs project team resources.
- Ensures all deliverables are achieved.
- Leads for Change Control Board for the ERP (establishment,
templates, ongoing management).
- Oversight/management of all ERP priorities and projects across
- Identifies and resolves project constraints, issues and
- Develops the project organization structure and resource
requirements, adjusts them as needed as the project progresses, and
collaborates with team leads to make staffing decisions.
- Monitors adherence to scope and manages scope change
- Analyzes and implements corrective actions when progress
deviates from plan.
- Monitors the quality assurance, deliverable acceptance, and
- Monitors and mitigates project risk.
- Maintains continuous communications with the program management
- Motivates and manages project team using effective
communication and leadership.
- Identifies and organizes required external support (Verizon and
- Understanding/Defining Business Processes and integrated hand
- Effectively partners with the business and IT for successful
- Organizational Change Management oversight.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of progressive experience with SAP or
another large ERP platform - program/project manager on several SAP
implementations with large and diverse teams.
- Six or more years of relevant systems and finance and/or supply
- Experience in the following SAP Modules (or comparable ERP
modules) ECC: FICO, MM, SCM, SD, PS (Project Systems), BI/BO, AP,
T&E, Professional Services, Accounts
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experienced in taking a company forward in a fast growth
environment, providing insight for direction and managing change
- Proven success managing ERP financial and supply chain
- Proven success managing large, dynamic teams in a fast paced
- SharePoint and Solution Manager Tool experience.
- Ability to manage and implement ERP's and working knowledge of
- A direct and pragmatic approach to business, processes and user
- Strong customer focus and ability to recognize impact of
decisions on end users.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability
to interact with team members and external customers.
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of management; ability
to communicate complex concepts in a manner that is understood by
- Ability to prioritize efforts and tasks in a high volume and
fast paced environment.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you
to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon, Germantown , Associate Director ERP, Executive , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!