Manager, Operations - Weekend Night
Posted on: September 24, 2022
- About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time
to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires
innovation. Online sales are booming at Macy's. Our Distribution
Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape.
They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each
customer's doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the
scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a
shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the
merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as
possible - across the country and around the world. -It takes a lot
of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there
are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to):
material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers,
quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many
more. Whatever role you play - we value you as a colleague. Choose
the challenge that's right for you! Job Overview: Coordinate and
oversee the day-to-day management of a distribution department. -
-Manages the daily activities and develops short and long term
strategic planning of the operations to ensure facility and
organization goals and objectives are achieved. Performs other
related duties, special projects or assignments as required.
- Responsible for the management of distribution department and
all that it entails: - -Ensuring we meet or exceed our goals and
targets, coach and counsel direct reports.
- Responsible for generating reports to management.
- Responsible for ensuring that departments meet or exceed
performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost
control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability,
customer service and execution to plan.
- Ability to perform presentations to the retail division and Sr.
management when needed.
- Identify / develop / implement short and long term strategies
which enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency for each
of the operations departments.
- Continually analyze work processes to identify optimization
opportunities and implement process improvements. -
- Develop and maintain a work culture that is successful and
committed to superior customer service.
- Develop and maintain procedures and metrics that assure
customer service satisfaction levels are attained.
- Responsible for management of all aspects of inventory
- Responsible for driving and managing the change associated with
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast
data to determine department progress toward stated goals and
- Responsible for the development of training programs and
ensures staff understanding of programs.
- Provides a safe work environment for staff. - -Develops and
enforces Safe / Smart work practices. Ensures compliance with AOSE
and safety program.
- Interfaces with IT as a user on systems development and
refinement to improve operations, productivity and service
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Interpersonal competencies to include: integrity and trust,
adaptability, leadership, motivation ability, coaching and
mentoring skills, and initiative. Proactive, responsive,
detail-oriented and gets things done.
- Business and intellectual competencies to include: - -industry
understanding of warehouse management, negotiation skill, strategic
and tactical planning skill, problem analysis skill, staff
development skill, written and oral communication skill, and
- Ability to make sound decisions and manage several processes in
a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Required (Word, Excel, Access,
- Must possess exceptional leadership, mentoring and coaching
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping
others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear,
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to solve problems as well as recognize issues and deal
with them directly
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
facility or department
- Frequent use of computers and -other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility
except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a
monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but
not limited to the size of the facility and the number of
colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for
testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same
workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent
extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be
completed within 24 hours of notification.
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for - -and here to . - -
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for
Keywords: Macy's, Germantown , Manager, Operations - Weekend Night, Executive , Martinsburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!