Director of Centralized Scheduling
Company: Homewood Retirement Centers
Posted on: September 23, 2022
This newly created position will provide Corporate support in
developing and implementing scheduling policies and procedures, and
training and developing schedulers in all program areas to ensure
appropriate and consistent staffing levels. Provides support to the
schedulers and department directors in maximizing the use of the
* Treats all information about residents, their condition, and
family as well as personnel matters as confidential
* Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies and
procedures and maintains established standards and practices.
* Provides implementation, administration and oversight for the
* Automated and data-driven schedules;
* Alignment of labor to volume;
* Access to Schedules and Self-Service Workflows;
* Visibility into scheduling qualifications;
* Alignment of labor to headcount;
* Decision making that is consistent with policy, process, and
strategy using scheduling metrics.
* Works with each site to ensure sufficient staffing for each shift
and that schedules are within budgeted per-patient-day parameters
and in compliance with state staffing minimums.
* Develops and implements policies and procedures for scheduling
and for maximizing the use of the software.
* Monitors shift-by-shift census, staffing and per-patient day
ratios to ensure schedules are appropriately balanced and identify
potential barriers to census growth.
* Analyzes scheduling and actual hours worked data in monitoring
time, attendance, missed punches, lunch breaks, utilization of
staffing incentives, benefit time, overtime and other variances for
efficiencies and to reduce expenses. Works with the sites in
developing plans to address opportunities for development and
* Supports the selection of schedulers in screening, hiring and
onboarding; may occasionally act as interim scheduler as
* Provides orientation and training for new and existing schedulers
as appropriate and ensures scheduling software is being used
consistently and effectively.
* Forecasts staffing needs according to retention, recruitment and
seasonal fluctuations, and works with leadership team to
proactively address concerns.
* Responsible for providing crisis support for critical staffing
* Works closely with operations, human resources, and clinical team
members to validate critical staffing needs.
* Collaborates with appropriate team members on PBJ compliance and
* Stays abreast of current regulatory requirements with regard to
staffing, FMLA, overtime, child labor laws, FLSA, etc., and
provides necessary training.
* Performs functions in support of human resources and operations
and updates the software and other systems in a timely manner to
meet the needs of Homewood.
* Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor.
* Prior work experience in scheduling, human resources, HRIS, or
* Leadership and oversight experience in scheduling required.
Experience with UKG or Kronos preferred.
* Ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with
* Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
* Ability to read, write and understand English well in a concise
and accurate manner.
* Knowledge of federal and state laws as it applies to the
confidential personnel information.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of human resource issues
with successful outcomes. Ability in resolving conflicts between
* An articulate person who can relate to people at all levels of an
organization and possesses excellent communication, both verbal and
written, and presentation skills. Understands management,
delegation and motivational concepts.
Homewood, a leader since 1932 in providing care and services within
a continuing care retirement community, is looking for individuals
who wish to exhibit compassion and kindness in their daily work,
and are ready to serve. We embrace a fun, team-oriented atmosphere.
Through teamwork, we become more creative, find solutions, enjoy
our work and build relationships. It all adds up to exceptional job
satisfaction and stability. You too can discover the satisfaction
of knowing that your work can make a difference in your life and in
the lives of people around you.
Keywords: Homewood Retirement Centers, Germantown , Director of Centralized Scheduling, Executive , Williamsport, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!