Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company: US0177 NorthEast Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources
Services, LLCZip Code:22630Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor s
DegreeMinimum Years of Experience:2 YearsEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage: Up to 25%Summary:Manage the financial
activities of the Redistribution Network in accordance with
generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the corporate
policies and procedures. Responsible for the direct oversight of
administrative associates and providing support to the
Redistribution facilities departments as needed.Essential Duties
- Supervise the Administrative Associates, ensuring the necessary
financial data is obtained and financial activities are practiced
in accordance with GAAP and the corporate policies and
- Review and code accounts payable invoices in relation to
respective profit plan data.
- Assist in reporting and forecasting facility and operational
expenses as requested by the local management group and the
corporate accounting group.
- Assist the corporate accounting departments in the preparation
and review of period, quarter and year end closings by performing
reconciliations, etc. as required to support the financial
statements for the Redistribution Network.
- Oversee and review inventory adjustments daily for
reconciliation of outstanding reported opco incidents, receiving
errors, and local shrink issues.
- Oversee the preparation of the key metric reports as requested
and collaborate with other local departments to obtain the
- Assist in preparation of local departmental profit plans and
related budgets which are rolled into the Corporate Supply Chain
- Assist the Redistribution Network with their Profit Plan and
Forecast file formulas and formatting as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of the Redistribution Network
Consolidated Profit Plan and Forecast files as needed.
- Oversee the Forward Warehouse Network trend sheet preparation
and review, and opco incident claims processing.
- Prepare the Redistribution Network s nonexempt and exempt local
criteria incentive results on a period basis.
- Oversee the review of the Redistribution Network s fixed assets
and disposals, and the preparation of the audit of those assets for
property tax reconciliation and reasonableness.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of applications for
licenses, permits, and certifications as needed.
- Assist with preparation of reports for regulatory agencies as
- Assist with preparation for local audits as required.
- Assist corporate accounting department in documentation and
testing of internal controls for compliance.
- Prepare/review/process employee expense reimbursements.
- Facilitate the PCard review of user charges and the
documentation to support the transactions at the Redistribution
- Assist/review data collected in relation to relocation and
tuition reimbursement processing to ensure compliance with federal,
state, local, and corporate guidelines.
- Oversee the weekly opco incident meetings and provide
assistance with the processing of those incidents by reviewing and
discussing the documentation for approval, denial or pending
(unresolved) incident until more data is obtained.
- Oversee the scanning of receiving paperwork, outbound BOLs, and
AP invoices to ensure they are processed timely and accurately for
record retention and for further processing by other
- Oversee the review of our HHA and COI compliance of 3rd party
contractors who come on site to work at our facility.
- Oversee and ensure the bank deposits are made timely and
reconciled on a period basis.
- Oversee the preparation of freight claims, BSCC claims, and
salvage invoices to ensure they are supported with appropriate
backup and payments are applied to the appropriate GL
- Assist with the review of the Redistribution Network s and
Central Warehouses payroll hours for reasonableness before and
after the payroll preparation as a backup to the Senior Director,
- Participate in management meetings.
- Must ensure and maintain confidential information.
- Maintain records, accurate files and filing systems; type
memos, letters and email correspondence.
- Comply with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations and
policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, BRC, etc.).
- Supports food safety policies, standard operating procedures,
and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and
quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our
Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies
(i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Associate
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as
requested. Other duties and projects may be assigned.Supervisory
- Responsible for supervising and directing a staff of up to four
- Supervise and provide direction and leadership to direct
reports in the completion of assigned activities and
responsibilities as well as provide ongoing communication of
related status and issues to upper management.
- Determine and provide training and development of direct
reports as needed.
- Assist in personnel recruitment to fulfill departmental
- Responsible for associate performance evaluations of immediate
subordinates on an annual basis for the purpose of communicating
and properly documenting expectations and evaluations to the
- Provide ongoing feedback on the performance of subordinates and
the department by monitoring activities and
reports.Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel. Knowledgeable in other MS
Office products (PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
between the corporate office, Redistribution Network, and Operating
Company senior management.
- Must pass a physical assessment.Education and Experience
- Bachelor s degree required. A concentration in accounting
- Minimum two to three years experience at the exempt level in
financial management reflecting a progressive increase in
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Must be articulate and effective with written and verbal
communication with individuals of broadly varying backgrounds and
educational levels. Must have the ability to maintain cooperation
between all departments of the Redistribution Network operations.
Good interpersonal and supervisory skills. Must be able to
effectively perform in a multi-tasking environment with frequent
interruptions. Must be able to effectively manage confidential
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.Reasoning Ability:
- It is expected that the incumbent will be able to work in a
proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using
previous education and experience in identifying appropriate
actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always
be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying
past applications or creating a solution unique to the current
situation but within the regulations that would apply.CERTIFICATES,
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSNo certification needed.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITIONWhile performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk and hear. The
associate frequently is required to sit for prolonged periods of
time, use the telephone frequently. The associate is regularly
required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The
associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus.The working conditions and physical demands
described are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human
Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is
needed.WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an associate encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Job is
performed in an office environment with some time spent in the
operations area. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee occasionally is exposed to fast moving material handling
equipment or other mechanical equipment or freezer/cooler warehouse
environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.WORK HOURSThis is a full-time position. The incumbent must
have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include
shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some
holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on departmental
requirements.TRAVELSome travel may be required to support
Redistribution Network business needs.The above statement reflects
the general details necessary to describe the principal functions
of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
inherent in the occupation.BENEFITS INFORMATION:In the coming
weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your
benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime,
you may visit to learn more.HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates. Associated topics: financial director, general manager,
general operational manager, general operations manager, manage,
organizational culture, president finance, recruit, senior
Keywords: SYSCO, Germantown , Finance Manager, Executive , Strasburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!