Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Company: Cis Secure Computing Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Lean Management
- Leads and facilitates Lean & Process improvement training
across the company to embed a Lean philosophy to support the
delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the
identifying and eliminating unnecessary complexity (waste) within
- Acts as the Lean subject matter expert and builds and maintains
the foundation for continuous improvements by ensuring the
effective functioning of Continuous Improvement events while
empowering operational staff and stakeholders to present ideas and
create improvements and solutions.
- Leads the Manufacturing Engineering Team, and works with the
Operational managers in identifying activities, values and
selecting kaizen events and ensure proper resourcing and
preparation for those events
- Teaches lean tools to all levels of the organization (Kaizen,
5S, Standard Work, Waste Reduction, etc.)
- Defines and maps our current product and services processes and
creates a future ideal state map of product and service value
- Creates and implements a plan to turn the current state map
into the future state map using lean techniques.
- Develops actionable metrics for key operational
- Process Improvement Management
- Leads and facilitates Process improvement training across the
- Assists managers in data analysis to support decision-making
and the development of improved methods, processes, systems.
- Uses influence to drive change and promote improvement, both
direct and indirect.
- Takes ownership of Operational projects which require
cross-divisional process changes.
- Identifies and justifies projects for reducing costs, improving
quality and increasing production as part of establishing a
continuous improvement environment.
- Provides manufacturing/process engineering support for a
variety of Unified Communication, Video Conferencing,
Switch/Routing and Computing products.
- Provides technical guidance in addition to timely problem
resolution to assembly technicians.
- Participates in engineering technical reviews, identifies
opportunities for process improvement, and interfaces with Test
Engineering/Design Engineering departments to develop robust test
procedures and design for assembly concepts.
- Analyze manufacturing processes, recommend automation where
- Research - create return on investment calculation and
recommend capital equipment to improve processes from receipt to
shipment of CIS products.
- Manage schedule and assign work/projects to the manufacturing
engineers and manufacturing engineering technicians.
- Own the 5S program, including 5S auditing, weekly/monthly
metrics communication, training, and adherence to 5S standards.
QUALIFICATIONS:Basic Qualification:Must meet the definition of a US
person as defined by the US regulations:
- Any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship
- Any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a
'Green Card' holder)
- Any individual who is granted status as a 'protected
person'Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering related field or an equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
- 10 years as a Manufacturing Engineer and at least 5 years in a
management role in a production environment with an emphasis on
LEAN manufacturing techniques.
- Experience in resolving engineering, planning, quality,
assembly, and fabrication problems.
- Must have experience with new product development.
- Experience with Unified Communication assemblies (Phones,
Video, Computer, Switches, Routers, etc.) desired.
- Experience with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and successful application of manufacturing
methods and procedures to include manufacturing quality at the
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and BOMs and
create manufacturing work instructions to meet all
- Ability to work closely with design engineering, manufacturing
operators, test, quality assurance and other operations support
- Demonstrated capability to multitask in support of multiple
concurrent programs and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Microsoft Office suite experience with MS Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Understanding of Lean principles, concentrating on identifying
and reducing waste, ultimately increasing production capacity.
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
Keywords: Cis Secure Computing Inc., Germantown , Manufacturing Engineer Manager, Executive , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!