Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Description: The Civil Group of Leidos is
seeking a Subcontracts Manager to support its Energy and
Environment Division. This role will lead full life cycle
("cradle-to-grave") subcontract management activities for various
US Federal, State, and local government programs. This Subcontracts
Manager is a working manager role and will lead a team of
approximately 6 subcontracts administrators and also own a
portfolio of subcontract responsibilities. The selected candidate
will oversee and manage overall subcontract compliance for the
Energy and Environment Division in accordance with contract
requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws
and acquisition regulations. The desired candidate for this
position will be a motivated leader and self-starter who can work
independently, and lead a team in a dynamic environment.Primary
Responsibilities: The Subcontracts Manager is responsible for
managing staff, conducting performance reviews, establishing
development actions, working activities that span the entire
procurement cycle, including but not limited to:
- Proposal support activities to include negotiation of NDA's and
Teaming Agreements, tracking and managing capture pipeline
- Preparation of solicitation packages to subcontractors in
accordance with Government and Leidos policies/procedures.
- Evaluation of subcontractor proposals
- Conducts price and cost analysis.
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with
- Subcontract award and Administration
- Primarily supports federal programs as well as some commercial
and state/local government programs.
- Identifies and resolves issues and problems on assigned
subcontracts and make recommendations to management.
- Performs subcontract close-out activities.
- Analyze risks and identify risk mitigations
- Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the
programs being supported for all subcontracts related issues.
- Regularly interacts with program management, contracts, project
control, finance, business development and with customers as
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with
subcontractor management regarding subcontract issues of varying
degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Works with team members to resolve issues/provide guidance on
tasks described aboveBasic Qualifications
- Requires a BA degree in Business Administration or a related
field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4+
years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant
experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Experience managing and training a team of 5 - 7 people
- Experience in subcontracting and related functions with
particular emphasis on negotiation and subcontracts
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract
types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional
support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and
meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Deltek CostPoint.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, strong time
management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships
internally and externally with subcontractors to drive
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage
- Demonstrated ability to build internal cross functional
relationshipsAbility to develop and contribute to the execution of
long-term strategies and tactical plans to achieve enterprise
objectives. Pay Range: Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 -
Keywords: Leidos, Germantown , Subcontracts Manager, Executive , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!