Retail Manager, Shenandoah National Park and Peaks Of Otter
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The OpportunityDelaware North Parks & Resorts is hiring a Retail
Manager to join our team at Shenandoah National Park. As Retail
Manager you will oversee the day-to-day operation of a multi-store
retail and grocery operation and contribute to the overall success
of a lodging, food & beverage, and retail operation located on the
iconic Skyline Drive.This position is based from our Luray, VA
- Directly manage a seven-store retail operation in Shenandoah
National Park, and help oversee a 3-store operation on the Blue
Ridge Parkway in Bedford VA.
- Drive exceptional guest experience in-store through merchandise
presentation, product inventory levels and trained associate
- Work directly with Buyers, communicating on trends and
performance. Responsible for buying locally produced product under
direction of Buyer and Director of Merchandise.
- Communicate regularly with corporate retail support and VP of
Parks & Resorts Retail on business. Works with retail support on
all corporate retail standards.
- As part of on-site leadership team, collaborates with other
managers to drive success at business unit.
- Support needed financial reporting of retail operation
including daily and monthly retail reporting and company directives
on physical inventory reporting.
- Provide support and direction to retail supervisors on
implementation and company policies and procedures and ensure
- Focus on supporting retail associates on company policies and
procedures to ensure quality associate performance and experience
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
regarding alcohol, sanitation, payroll, employment, and EEO.
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- At least 2 years' supervisory experience.
- 1-3 years retail operations experience required.
- Experience planning and purchasing inventory required.
- Ability to train and develop team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products including Word and
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to travel between offices in Luray, VA, Peaks of
Otter Lodge, and Shenandoah National Park. Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Frequent standing, bending, lifting, walking.Who We AreAt
Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and
how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: assistant store manager, department supervisor,
manage, manager, manager retail, sales lead, senior manager, store
manager, store supervisor, retail management
Keywords: Delaware North, Germantown , Retail Manager, Shenandoah National Park and Peaks Of Otter, Executive , Luray, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!