Company: Mechanical Engineering and Construction Corporatio
Posted on: November 22, 2021
OPERATIONS MANAGER - POSITION SUMMARYThe Operations Manager is
directly responsible for supervising the Northern Virginia field
operations team for the effective and successful management of
labor, productivity, quality control, and safety measures as
established for the operations department. Management
responsibilities generally include such types of work as ensuring
efficient allocation of field labor resources, completing
construction projects on time and within budget, working through
operations team issues, leading project update meetings, providing
operational customer support for all clients, and ensuring
adherence to all field safety requirements. The operations manager
will provide the general oversight and leadership to both the
project management and field operation teams to ensure the
successful completion of all Mechanical Engineering & Construction
Corporation projects within the assigned territory.OPERATIONS
MANAGER - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible to ensure that field manpower is appropriately
provided to support each job site on a daily/weekly basis through
proper scheduling and forecasting.
- Is directly involved in recruiting, interviewing, selection,
and hiring of field operation employees. Authors and oversees
employee performance appraisals for field team. Addresses field
employee performance and provides corrective action plans as
needed, up to and including terminations.
- Visits job sites on a regular basis to confirm that progress is
meeting expectations and that safety requirements are being
- Advises and helps alleviate issues that could negatively affect
the schedule, costs, or other aspects of active projects.
- Is in constant communication with project managers and field
superintendents to make certain that all parties are on the same
page regarding expected project execution.
- Identifies and coordinates safety certifications and trainings
as needed for the operations team.
- Enhances the operational procedure, systems, and principals in
the areas of information flow and management, business processes,
and enhanced management reporting. Identifies opportunities to
improve and expand systems.
- Is directly involved with review, approval, and tracking of
field employee time-off requests and that schedules are
appropriately adjusted to account for any changes.
- Meets periodically with supervisor to provide updates as
required.OPERATIONS MANAGER - ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets with project managers and superintendents regularly to
identify potential concerns with execution of active jobs. Develops
risk mitigation plans and can implement them to limit exposure to
- Assists with tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs) for
operations team to strive toward constant improvement.
- Regularly travels to multiple job locations throughout the week
to review progress, speak with field employees, and alert field
leaders of potential problems.
- Responsible for assisting in the scheduling of field manpower,
as well as forecasting for future manpower needs.
- Review manpower labor reporting to ensure that it is accurately
recorded for previous weeks.
- Identifies training needs for both project management and field
operations teams. Works with leadership team to address and
coordinate training needs.
- Performs field safety inspections on a regular basis. Works
directly with internal and 3rd party safety individuals to
coordinate trainings. Ensures all field employees are current on
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining
personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Provides local oversight of company fleet vehicles assigned to
- Hold's a valid driver's license.
- Other duties as assigned.OPERATIONS MANAGER - EDUCATION AND
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or similar field
- Previous field experience in sheet metal, hydronic/refrigerant
piping, plumbing, and controls required.
- Proven leadership and supervisory capability is required.
Minimum 10+ years in a leadership role within the commercial HVAC
mechanical construction industry. Must have 5+ years of experience
in directly managing personnel.
- Must have complete knowledge of mechanical construction
relating to commercial HVAC and plumbing.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
proceduresOPERATIONS MANAGER - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to motivate and drive a team
to success, with desire to teach and lead others.
- Must possess in-depth technical skills and knowledge related to
various trades of the construction industry (sheet metal, piping,
plumbing, etc). Ability to understand field tasks and duration
required to complete them is a key component to this role.
- Must have strong working knowledge of mechanical plan and spec
and design/build industry.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of construction-related
processes, as well as a thorough knowledge of industry practices.
Can evaluate execution progress through job site visits.
- Has strong analytical skills to think through situations,
evaluating multiple options, and selecting the most appropriate to
- Heavy emphasis on organizational skills. Has strong written,
verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Is adaptable in
working with many different personalities across varies knowledge
- Strong computer literacy to include MS Team, Word, Excel,
Outlook, and other software applications. Working knowledge of
Bluebeam, PlanGrid, Procore, or other cloud-based project
management software preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision needed
to perform daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Must be a team player and self-starter.OPERATIONS MANAGER -
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Ability to climb ladders and handle general construction site
- High-level of confidentiality for company projects and
- High-level of professional conduct both internally and
externally with clients and vendorsOPERATIONS MANAGER - WORKING
- Periodic travel to multiple job locations
- May be subjected to inclement weather and hazardous working
conditions at job sites
- Work weekend or night-time duty, as neededGmail Users: If you
do not receive a confirmation email after completing your
application, please check your Spam folder just in case the
confirmation email was delivered there instead of your inbox. If
so, select the confirmation message and click Not Spam, which will
allow future messages to get through. For assistance, please
contact the Human Resources department at 443-200-1000.
Keywords: Mechanical Engineering and Construction Corporatio, Germantown , Operations Manager, Executive , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!