Project Manager - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business
partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. --Through
our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly
Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering,
scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work
with the leading medical research center in the world. --We are
seeking an experienced individual to work as a Project Manager at
the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.This is a
long-term contract position which offers:- Competitive compensation
and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans-Vacation leave as
well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.--- Access to NIH's
unparalleled resources and niche scientific
initiatives--TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:--
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and
objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety,
environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned including
but not limited to performance of property checks, and light
maintenance on VRC lab equipment and monitoring VPP consumable
- Sterile transfers/aliquots VPP produced materials and submit
for analytics testing, and ensure material is properly coded into
the technical services database.
- Maintain and ensure the VPP database is current, and
coordinates within technical services group potential availability
of material requests.
- Maintain and verify VPP produced materials are properly coded
into the technical services database and that the database is
current, and coordinates within technical services group potential
availability of material requests.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the
scientific operations manager, which include but are not limited
to, performance of property checks, light maintenance on lab
equipment, moving laboratory and other equipment, and monitoring
- Serve as a liaison for the VWR catalyst technician and works
with the technician to create a supply database to ensure that
critical consumables are maintained at adequate levels.
- Serve as a secondary emergency responder for all VPP REES
- Scan and log in all the packing slips from FNLCR and VWR orders
and enter the orders as rec'd in the VPP purchasing database.
- Maintain TS department product database, prepare routine
reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Prepare shipment for postal or commercial conveyance; select
appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe
delivery. Prepare bills of lading; check items to be shipped
against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and
routing are correct.
- Receive and unload incoming materials and verify accuracy of
shipment, process return shipments as needed.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies
or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing
- Operate dolly/ pallet jack in loading and unloading supplies
and equipment; assist in routine maintenance of lab equipment and
- Deliver items to requisitioning departments and obtain
authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Manage and trace lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost
shipments; provide proof of delivery documents.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and write/revise
Standard Operating Procedures related to primary duties and other
aspects of VPP Scientific Operations as needed.
- Maintain supplier/vendor relationships through regular
communication as directed by scientific operations
manager.--REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:--
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field.
- 3 to 4 years of related experience is required.
- Ability to both follow and write/revise SOP's for buffer
preparation as well as SOP's for acquisitions.
- Hands-on experience with inventory management systems.
- Expert in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with database entry, programming, and
- Familiarity with general scientific/biotechnology laboratory
- Strong analytical capabilities to prepare inventory
- Strong communication skills to communicate to internal and
external stakeholders.--PLEASE APPLY ONLINEWhen you apply, please
know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume
and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match
the requirements of this position; a full job description can be
made available at that time.Due to the high volume of inquiries, we
regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't
contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent
network.-- All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which
expands your opportunities even further.As a specialty talent
company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent
and clients.-- We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment,
and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent
Promise.-- With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment,
and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to
those in search of a better way to work and live and to help
discover what's next.It is obvious things are different than they
were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring
the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be
well and stay strong.Why Kelly--?Looking to connect with premier
government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors?
Kelly Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW),
seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering,
technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our
experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and
interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all
levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the
job search work for you.About Kelly--Kelly connects talented people
to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science,
Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial,
and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving
world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of
thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace.
We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we
connect thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting
practice. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Germantown , Project Manager - NIH - Bethesda, MD, Executive , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!