Director of Technology
Company: Kerusso Activewear, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Kerusso Activewear, located in Northwest Arkansas. is actively
searching for a Director of Technology to lead our IT team which
supports an extensive online retail presence. As one of the
original pioneers of "T-shirt Evangelism", we have been proclaiming
the Good News of Jesus Christ through Kerusso apparel and
accessories for over 30 years. Along the way Kerusso has been a
Seven-time INC. 5000 honoree while becoming a stable midsized
company and the leading producer Christian themed T-Shirts around
the world. The Role: The Director of Technology is a hands-on, roll
up your sleeves, technical operations role responsible for
managing, administering and supporting systems spanning Kerusso
Activewear, Inc., on premise and cloud-based hosting environments.
This role provides innovative leadership and support of current
staff as well as managing outsourced support relationships,
contractors and vendors. Responsibilities
- Manage IT department - a team consisting of full-time
employees, contractors and external vendor partners
- Ensure continuity of services and support for Epicor ERP
platform, network, EDI and other critical information technology
- Plan and manage the IT budget.
- Partner with the business to provide exemplary customer service
internally and externally.
- Manage internal IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching
employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their
- Provide project management for IT-related activities, ensuring
that tasks are documented, assigned to appropriate resources, and
completed according to schedule and budget.
- Define, prioritize, and resolve all support requests in an
organized, efficient, and expedited fashion.
- Oversee daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key
processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying
completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, EDI transmissions,
peer-to-peer updates, etc.
- Oversee patch and upgrade management in Windows, ERP and VMware
- Create and maintain configuration documentation, procedures
guides, as well as system and operations run-books.
- Provide support to internal users in a traditional help desk
environment, including provisioning new equipment, operating
systems, applications, peripherals including training of new hires
with IT business applications and equipment usage. Qualifications
and Key Skills
- ERP implementation and maintenance experience in a medium sized
business, Epicor v9/10 experience is highly preferred. Company is
currently beginning starting an ERP selection and implementation
- Proven working experience as an IT manager with a strong
customer service mindset.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management and information
analysis across a broad array of computer hardware/software
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network
administration and network installation, application development,
database administration, ERP management or similar relevant skills
applicable to the department.
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop personnel.
- Solid understanding of Windows servers, Office 365, VMware
vSphere, Windows and Microsoft back office administration.
- Solid understanding of web application architecture and cloud
infrastructure services. (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Strong data center management and data governance
- SQL scripting, trouble shooting, and operations for querying
and reporting - particularly in Progress 4GL would be
- SQL server management, maintenance, and database
- Project management skills for scoping, planning, and
implementing IT projects.
- Backup and disaster recovery skills, Axcient experience a
- EDI structure, compliance, mapping, FTP and SFTP
- Manufacturing hardware/software experience with handhelds,
zebra printers, barcode labeling, shipping interfaces with
- VOIP Phone System management.
- Additional skills in SharePoint, Manage Engine, Hubspot, VPN,
Cisco, Jabber, Shopify are a plus.
- Experience in an apparel decorating IT environment a plus.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with limited supervision
with a proven track record.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
with a proactive stance for reporting on status and tasks.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and provide solutions to
improve our systems and processes.
- Ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment with
urgency, ownership, and accountability.
- Ability to accurately prioritize work items, make sound
judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the
right things done. Required experience:
- ERP implementation/management experience 10+ years
- Microsoft Infrastructure 10+ years.
- Staff Management 10+ years
- SQL server management, maintenance, and database operations 5+
- EDI structure, compliance, mapping, FTP and SFTP experience 5+
years Working Conditions
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and
weekends onsite or remotely sometimes with little advanced notice.
Compensation --DOE Benefits include:
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Medical, Long term disability, dental, life, and vision
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Flex spending Cafeteria plan Personal Qualities
- Passion for their work and our cause.
- Has Energy - Action oriented, seeks opportunities and focuses
on achieving goals.
- Ability to Energize others to action and hold them accountable
to achieve results.
- Data driven analytical approach to strategy, problem solving,
and goal achievement.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with limited supervision,
pro-actively reporting on areas of responsibility.
- Strong people skills and ability to communicate complex items
to non-technical coworkers. Job Type: Full-time Location
- The role is based on-site in our company headquarters in
BERRYVILLE, AR. 1 HR east of Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, and
Bentonville, and 45 minutes south of Branson, MO. The area is noted
for its exceptional quality of life and was recently ranked the
third best place in the country to live by Money Magazine Kerusso
is a Greek word meaning "To herald divine truth as a public
crier".At Kerusso we're passionate about our work and are driven by
our purpose: Proclaiming the Good News to the World through
products about Jesus. Our Team Motto is: "One Team, One Mission!"
Each and every day we work together as one to achieve that shared
mission. Our culture is equal parts casual, candid, and driven.
We're serious about delivering results for our customers, our
company, and our Team, while at the same time enjoying what we do
while we pursue our mission. Founded by Vic Kennett in 1987,
Kerusso employs 120 people operating out of their 140,000 sq. ft.
facility nestled in the beautiful Ozark Mountains of Berryville,
Arkansas. Kerusso products can be found online and at more than
2,000 retailers around the globe. The company currently embellishes
3 million garments a year through in-house and global sourcing.
This the top Information Technology position at Keruso and reports
directly to VP of Administration and Finance. The Director of
Technology will work closely with other senior leaders as part of
the executive team to drive growth and seek improvements in
operational processes. This role is responsible for coordinating
financial planning, analysis and reporting, risk management,
inventory planning & controls, and improving overall operational
effectiveness. Interested? Click the link below to apply online:
We're happy you're here! Please complete the form below to sign up
for our email updates and we'll send you fun stuff, like 15% off
your first order. Plus you'll get weekly encouragement, experience
faster checkout any time you buy, AND access to specials only
available if you're on our list. We take your privacy seriously. We
will protect your information and never rent or sell it. See our
Christian apparel company, designing original faith-based Christian
T-shirts, jewelry, gifts, and more. Our products inspire millions
of believers around the globe to start conversations about
Keywords: Kerusso Activewear, Inc., Germantown , Director of Technology, Executive , Berryville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!