VP IT Service Delivery
Company: Serco, Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
VP IT Service Delivery in Herndon, Virginia - Careers at
HerndonVirginiaUS20170 Skip Branding Navigate Serco Inc.
- Market Segments
- Contracts -- 2019 Serco Inc. All Rights Reserved. Privacy
Policy Disclaimer Sitemap Contact
Serco Inc. ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities
in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you
need more information or special assistance for persons with
disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR
Service Desk at 866-628-6458 or 703-263-6006. You may also e-mail
us at email@example.com . VP IT Service Delivery in
Herndon, Virginia - Careers at HerndonVirginiaUS20170 Skip to Main
Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in
your browser to experience all the personalized features of this
site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page
Welcome page Returning Candidate Login VP IT Service Delivery ID
38156 Recruiting Location : Location US-VA-Herndon Category
Information Technology Position Type Full-Time Security Clearance
None Telework Yes - May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking
for this position Position Description Serco, Inc is searching for
a VP of IT Service Delivery Operations to manage all aspects of IT
Service Delivery operations across Serco North America.--This
position reports for the SVP, CIO and will be located at our
Corporate HQ in Herndon, VA. This position includes both the
Corporate Internal IT Operations team as well as various customer
facing contract based IT Operations teams, with a total
head-count--exceeding 150 staff. This role is responsible for
leading and managing the planning and execution of all IT
Operations tasks in adherence with Serco Corporate IT policies and
procedures, as well as defined baseline configurations and
standards that align with our Information Security policies and
controls. The scope of responsibility includes leveraging industry
best-practices processes and procedures to carry out IT
infrastructure tasks associated with the operational management of
cloud and on premise server, storage, network, active directory,
database, end user provisioning and deprovisioning, end user
computer support, and IT service desk functions. This role will
also leverage the reach back into the CIO organization for
collaboration with and support from the Information Security,
Enterprise Applications & Development, as well as the Enterprise
Solution Architecture teams. This role will also have frequent
interaction with other corporate functional support leaders,
business leaders and executive team members to identify IT service
requirements and provide a support model to meet service levels and
financial expectations. The person filling this role will need to
rely on their extensive experience and judgment to plan, execute
and accomplish their goals in a very highly paced work environment.
Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. In this role
- Pro-actively manage cross functional IT Infrastructure teams
through the delivery and support of the IT Infrastructure used in
support of the business operations. Anticipate problems and
complications, and formulate solutions so as not to impede the
business operations. Collaborate with, and leverage the other IT
resources within the CIO organization in the delivery of IT
- Manage the financial aspects of the IT department, including
purchasing, budgeting, and monthly budget vs. actuals reviews.
- Provide regular recurring constructive feedback to managers on
their performance, and ensure managers and key staff have updated
career development and succession plans in place.
- Work with business and customer stakeholders to define IT
operational objectives and requirements. Ensure all business
systems, IT systems, partner platforms, and networks are in place
to support the business and that the technical design accurately
represents the business requirements.
- Oversee all IT Operations and Service Delivery in a 24x7
- Oversee all Incident and Problem Management activities for IT
- Manage planned and unplanned outage cycles, including
notifications and updates to end users and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of all IT
infrastructure by creating, maintaining, and enforcing
configuration baseline standards and operating procedures used by
the IT support teams.
- Lead the various IT operations team in executing production
tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds
- Oversee and help manage and prioritize the workload of IT
infrastructure support personnel.
- Participate in the collaboration and review all design plans,
IT projects and proposals for new technology, to ensure adherence
to Serco's Cloud-First strategy, technology standards, and
enterprise operations best practices.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsource--and consultant
contracts and service agreements associated with IT infrastructure
- Participate on all hardware and software evaluations and ensure
timely and accurate tracking of all 3 rd party IT support and
- Represent the IT Service Delivery Operations function at
customer review meeting when appropriate.
- Perform liaison duties between users and IT Operations
personnel in the areas of IT Service Delivery.
- Provide management oversight for the development, deployment,
monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all cloud and
on-premise IT infrastructure systems, including telecommunications,
servers, storage, network, operating systems, hardware, software,
- Create, collect, analyze, and report on key benchmark data to
drive service improvements and growth of the IT Service Deliver
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses
for IT spending and initiatives.
- Approve, prioritize, and oversee the execution of IT
infrastructure projects and project portfolio.
- Ensure adherence to Corporate IT Policies and Procedures,
including the development of additional controls as required to
ensure regulatory compliance against NIST 800-171 and CMMC
- Support proposal development efforts as needed.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person
communications with the organization's executives, department heads
and end users regarding pertinent IT activities. Qualifications To
be successful in this role you will have:
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent and 15+ years of
progressive responsibilities and experience in IT Service Delivery
- Experience with federal government contracting, especially in
the US DoD space, with detailed knowledge of DFARS Clause
252.204-7012 and NIST 800-171 controls.
- PMP and ITIL certifications strongly recommended.
- Strong background and experience with leading a diverse team of
IT managers and engineers in an IT service delivery operations
- Broad and diverse technology background with a deep
understanding of IT operations.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation
skills, with the ability to write and speak to many diverse and
- Experience writing high quality winning proposals.
- Comfortable and effective in interacting with senior
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in organizational change management and/or
organizational development skills.
- Extensive experiences managing cloud and hybrid-cloud
environments, cloud adoption, cloud integration, cloud automation,
cloud security, and cloud migrations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the
ability to interact with others and senior management.
- Experiences managing large, complex IT migrations and
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Some travel may be required. Company Overview Serco Inc.
(Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves
every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian
agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government,
state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our
clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing
the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon,
Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is
part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform
government and public services around the world. At Serco, our
employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and
support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to
become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity
employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/
Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/
Disability/ Vets). Options Click here to apply now Apply Share
Refer a friend for this job Refer Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... New to Serco?
Connect with us! Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Serco, Inc, Germantown , VP IT Service Delivery, Executive , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!