Sr. Manager ECAD/MCAD
Company: Hughes Network
Posted on: August 26, 2020
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood,
CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global
provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together
with its major subsidiaries-EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes
Network Systems- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to
explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of
engineering and the business functions transforming this
engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager ECAD/MCAD.
This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown,
- Technical Line Management of Electrical & Mechanical CAD team
- Ownership & Advancement of CAD development processes, toolsets,
design techniques, & fabrication techniques.
- Design of the next generation Satellite Communication circuit
boards (PCB, PWB, ECAD) for Hughes.
- Generate detailed documentation of complex printed circuit
boards conforming to applicable IPC standards.
- Work with engineers and factory teams to optimize layouts for
performance, costs, and manufacturability.
- Complete placement and layout of PCB designs using Cadence
Allegro PCB Editor v16.x-17.2, utilizing Constraint Manager to meet
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of industry guidelines for
signal integrity, reliability, and manufacturability per IPC
- Provide layout assistance to PCB Designer staff.
- Interface with PCB vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Set schedule milestones in conjunction with development
- Participate in and conduct design reviews related to circuit
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of PCB design & layout experience.
- 5+ years of Technical Management relating to PCB design.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or related field
- Experience with high density layout, multilayer boards,
controlled impedance traces, high speed digital, FPGA/ASIC/BGA
fanout, RF transmission lines, etched antennas, grounding
techniques, power supplies, etc.
- IPC Certification of CID/CID+
- PCB design implementation experience with signal integrity and
power integrity solutions.
- Technical understanding of printed circuit board manufacturing
fabrication process and board assembly process.
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local,
state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain
positions. EEO is the law.
Keywords: Hughes Network, Germantown , Sr. Manager ECAD/MCAD, Executive , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!