Director - Software Quality Assurance
Company: Hughes Network Systems
Posted on: March 26, 2020
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood,
CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global
provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together
with its major subsidiaries EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes
Network Systems EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to
explore the boundaries of what s possible in the fields of
engineering and the business functions transforming this
engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an exciting position for a of Director - Quality
Software Assurance. This position will be located at our
headquarters in Germantown, MD.
This position requires a demonstrated, hands-on leader with the
ability to collaborate with software development managers and
engineers in all phases of the SDLC, including planning, coding,
testing, troubleshooting, deployment, and ongoing code
* Work closely with the Hughes business groups, engineering
organizations, software development teams, and operations teams to
continually evaluate and improve the end-to-end software
development processes, tools, and testing methods used in the
* Lead cross-functional teams to define the software quality
standards and metrics that will be used to evaluate the software
development processes in the company.
* Lead the implementation of approved process changes, new tool
adoption, and new testing method.
* Create a culture of continual improvement in the software
development processes throughout the company.
* Partner with the software development leadership team to define
the internal quality maturity capabilities & standards that will be
used to assess the continual improvement of the software
* Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor, measure,
and report on software quality and delivery performance. Utilize
KPI performance to identify opportunities for improvement.
* Develop and maintain a standard software release scorecard to
measure the progress toward software quality goals and
* Evaluate and compare the software development processes to global
best practices to identify and recommend opportunities for process
improvements, new tools, and new methodologies.
* Identify opportunities for innovation, reduced complexity, and
proactive reduction of technical debt in the software development
* Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) of critical and major software
defects. Define and implement preventative action plans based on
the results of RCA s.
* Identify, recommend, and implement automated testing improvements
throughout the entire software development lifecycle to increase
the speed, reliability, and manageability of the testing
* Provide staff training as necessary to ensure adoption and
effective use of the new ways of working.
* Respond to customer requested proposals (RFPs) for Hughes
products and services. Specifically, collaborate with peers in the
Quality Assurance department and the software development teams to
develop the responses to Software Quality questions and risk
mitigation plans required in customer proposals.
* Obtain and analyze customer feedback (obtained through customer
meetings and survey responses) to identify opportunities to improve
the customer experience with software releases. Examples of this
type of feedback in areas such as documentation improvement, user
interface recommendations, and configuration management
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical
* 10+ years of Software Development and/or Software Testing
* 3+ years in project management or supervisory experience
* Hands-on experience with a representative cross section of
technologies and software languages used in the Hughes technology
stack, including C, C++, PERL, Java/J2EE, LINUX, and Windows.
* Prior experience with waterfall and agile software development
processes, version control, configuration management, release
management, and/or software quality assurance
* MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical
* Knowledge of established Software Quality Standards ISO and/or
* Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Exceptional self-direction, initiative, and passion to achieve
objectives in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local,
state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain
positions. EEO is the law.
Keywords: Hughes Network Systems, Germantown , Director - Software Quality Assurance, Executive , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!