Manufacturing Engineer II
Company: Advantage Technical
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Our team is growing! We work cross-functionally and globally to
exceed our customers' expectations and reach the world class
manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more
on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be
part of this big change is an exciting movement. The opportunities
are endless if you are willing to join our team in the challenges
ahead of us. We want an experienced metallurgist who can lead,
manage and implement changes and new processes. Someone who can
plan and prioritize, collaborate, communicate, and deliver. Join
us! Apply today! Position Description:
- Ensure processes are developed and secured with the goal of
meeting the Manufacturing Engineering Team KPIs.
- Responsible for safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the
production processes as well as projects/ staff and competence
- Provide leadership and guidance across a sectional level within
the Manufacturing Engineering business functions fostering a
continuous improvement culture focused on waste elimination,
employee engagement, and application/ practice of lean theory. Key
- Lead and conduct kaizen improvement activities focused on
safety, quality, and cost initiatives on Heavy Duty Engine Final
- Serve in a co-leadership role within a specialized area of
- The individual follows the direction of Manufacturing
Engineering Manager and coordinated the business plan with
- Drive the Focused Improvement and Work Place Organization
pillars within the OEM Production System.
- Evaluate and recommend manufacturing processes, equipment,
gauging, and tooling towards zero defects and recommend a safe and
clean environment for employees.
- Recognize human capabilities and limitations through ergonomic
- Development of future engineering solutions to lowest possible
cost, and with flexibility for product and volume changes.
- Develop cost saving proposals and improve productivity.
- Assist in developing plans to secure production capacity.
- Optimize line balances and tooling changes.
- Sustain work processes for projects within the
- Utilize current production experiences into new product and
- Drive and master 5S principles throughout all activities. - -
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- 3-5 years engineering and project lead experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in the English language is required. Preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of World Class Management, the OEM Production
Systems, or GMP with demonstrated practice in a manufacturing
- 3D Modeling and Design with Solidworks or Inventor.
- Experience with Class 8 Heavy Duty Engine Assembly production
processes and poke-a-yoke methods.
- Working experience in a Union (UAW) production factory.
- DC Torque Tool programming knowledge from automotive industry
OEM such as: Atlas Copco, APEX/CLECO, or Desoutter/Chicago
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing for layouts and part
prints with ability to not only interpret, but also create drawings
using AutoCAD software.
Keywords: Advantage Technical, Germantown , Manufacturing Engineer II, Engineering , Hagerstown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!