Posted on: June 25, 2022
We are looking for a qualified network engineer to support the
Network Edge Operations team. You will work with a team of network
engineers / administrators dedicated to serving this nations
Veterans. The Network Edge Operations team is staffed 24/7/365 to
maintain and analyze large, diversified networks comprised of
enterprise grade networking equipment from a diverse set of
vendors. Daily functions will include checking the status of
various aspects of the VA's network utilizing dedicated monitoring
tools and processes as well as assisting with customer reported
connectivity issues.Company/Position Overview (Please include a day
in the life description of what the candidate will be doing day to
day and how their role is a part of the overall project):
- Maintains operational and security capabilities of the VA's
- Supports the VA NOC by providing Tier II network engineering
- Respond to Help Desk escalations via phone call, email, or the
VA's ticketing system.
- Maintain existing NOC processes and procedures as well as
recommend improvements to the chain of command.
- Maintain evolving corporate knowledge including information in
diagrams, databases, technical documentation, etc.
- Participate in technical reviews and recommend solutions and/or
improvements where possible.
- Performs routine maintenance on network devices and
- Works closely with network architecture and engineering
transition teams on projects destined for operational
implementation.Mandatory Qualifications (Please list all Education,
Certifications, Experience, and Skills that are required to get an
interview. These mandatory qualifications should be non-negotiable
based on your contract requirements)
- Education / Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
or related technical field with 2-5 years of experience. 5 years of
additional experience maybe substituted for degree.
- Background Investigation: Must be able to pass and maintain a
Tier 4 (BI) Government Background Investigation
- Technical: Demonstrated familiarity/experience configuring
enterprise grade networking equipment via command line interface or
GUIDesired Qualifications (Please list all Education,
Certifications, Experience, and Skills that are desired. These
should not be disqualifiers, but rather nice to
- CCNA (route/switch) or CCNP a plus
- CCNA Security or CCNP Security a plus
- Knowledge of multi-area OSPF, BGP and MPLS environments
- Experience with Citrix Access Gateway and NetScaler's
- Experience with Cisco Any Connect VPN, Cisco Identity Service
- Experience setting up Site-to-Site IPSec VPNs utilizing Cisco
Firewalls and/or Cisco Routers
- Experience using network management tools such as Solarwinds,
NGenius, RightIT NOW
- Familiarity of application-level protocols such as HTTP/HTTPs,
SSL/TLS, DNSSec and SNMP.
- Experience with utilizing ticketing systems for tracking and
- Experience running network level packet capture and analysis to
assist with troubleshooting efforts.
Keywords: GovCIO, Germantown , Network Engineer, Engineering , Martinsburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!