Company: Verizon Wireless
Posted on: May 6, 2021
When you join Verizon Verizon is a leading provider of
technology, communications, information and entertainment products,
transforming the way we connect across the globe. Were a diverse
network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared
purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here. What youll be doing...
As part of the Network Security organization, the Red Team uses
long-term campaigns, active incident support, and continuous
investigation to secure Verizon's wired and wireless networks used
by millions of customers daily. The Red Team Support Engineer
develops and operates infrastructure and applications supporting
offensive operations.In this role, you will be responsible for
backend systems and applications used by the Red Team. This
includes maintenance of existing deployments, setup of new items,
and development of new solutions where appropriate. In addition,
you will work with Red Team operators to review and refine exploit
code, and directly support offensive engagements if desired.
Responsibilites may include:
- Building and maintaining Linux and Windows systems (primarily
- Deployment and management of applications and their required
- Creation of scripts or tools for team use.
- Analysis of application code, exploits, or shellcode.
- Collaborate with other security teams and align with
organizational objectives. What were looking for... You have
existing knowledge and opinions on suitable application platforms
or frameworks, and can respond quickly to requests for tools and
automations with proofs of concept.You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree OR four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in system administration or software and web app
- Development experience with one or more of Java, Go, Python,
PHP, .NET, or node.js
- Knowledge of VMware, OpenStack, Kubernetes, or AWS.
- Demonstrable experience with development and deployment tools
such as git, Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker, or Ansible.Even better if you
- Ability to search and report on large datasets via Splunk.
- Specialized wireless or wired telecom knowledge.
- Understanding of common security risks in software and their
prevention or remediation.
- Experience or interest in exploit development and
- Experience with Google App Scripting. 22CyberOPS Equal
Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,
we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to
learn more. Associated topics: building code, concrete,
construction, draw, function, land, remedial, remediation, roadway,
Keywords: Verizon Wireless, Germantown , Support Engineer, Engineering , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!