Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on: April 9, 2021
***Please Note: This is Fulltime direct hire position and the
client will only consider candidates who are able to work with the
client on their w2 without any sponsorship now or in the
future***If you are on any kind of visa please do not apply to this
role, unfortunately, candidates on a VISA will not be considered
for this role*** ***G-C and U-S-C only*** About the Role: The
Senior Engineer, DevOps works as part of a team responsible for
operating, maintaining, and automating cloud and local software
deployments with a focus on security, reliability, and building new
communication channels. Be here for the day the on-prem servers are
shut down for the last time! Customer Focus:
- Perform automated deployments for various environments while in
parallel architecting the build, deployment, and release processes
in accordance with the Clients goals of implementing continuous
integration and continuous deployment processes.
- Research and develop scripts and automation tools that will be
used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various
platforms. Optimizes Work Processes:
- Install, setup, configure, and maintain the build and release
- Maximize efficiency within the SDLC through build and
deployment automation while aiming for no downtime or outages
during deployments to production.
- Work to minimize the number of releases that need to be rolled
back due to errors in the deployment process and/or in the content
of the deployment (such as incorrect libraries, jar/war files,
- Work with engineering, infrastructure, and operational teams to
ensure systems are secure, scalable, and reliable.
- Review deployment and operational environments, i.e., execute
initiatives to reduce failure, troubleshoot issues across the
entire infrastructure stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and
manage technical operations.
- Design and build solutions that move data and applications from
internal solutions to cloud-based solutions. Collaborates:
- Leverage strong automation skills (tool agnostic) and drives
initiatives to automate processes.
- Provide guidance and support on how to measure application
flows to ensure optimal performance and to identify application
errors before they manifest in production.
- Lead problem solving efforts, as needed and collaborate with
project team members to deliver technical solutions. Communicates
- Communicate clearly and effectively across IT, business process
owners, and customers.
- Communicate progress and challenges to management.
- Lead, train, and delegate to DevOps team members on CI/CD
projects, knowledge, and initiatives. What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or
Information Systems, or some equivalent combination of education
and experience, including through military service.
- Advanced proficiency with a combination of the following
(typically acquired by 8-10 years of experience):
- Web protocols, Linux/Unix tools and web architecture, and
Jenkins or an equivalent CI/CD tool.
- Release, Build, and Configuration Management or an equivalent
number of years of combined development and release management
- Building automated tools, DevOps solutions, and CI/CD processes
via Java, Python and/or Jython scripting.
- Maven Scripting.
- Open-Source technologies.
- Experience with the following:
- Evaluating, configuring, architecting, and integrating
cloud-based services and tools.
- Build automation tools and source code control management tools
such as Subversion, GitHub, or AWS Code Commit.
- Working with and defining code branching, build, deployment
automation, and deployment strategies for diverse systems.
- Best practices, processes, and tools required to support a
successful Continuous Integration System.
- Proficient in deploying releases and builds within an Agile
environment and familiarity with Agile software development
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate
technical and nontechnical messages to all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to
- Perform in a leadership and mentorship role.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and successfully deliver
projects on time.
- Work independently with little supervision and be a team
- Lead, train, and persuade colleagues on CI/CD decisions.
- Resolve problems quickly and successfully. Job
Requirements:Additional Desired Requirements:
- Certification as an AWS DevOps Engineer or Architect.
- A desire for defining methods to achieve zero downtime
- In architecting and automating deployments across an entire
- Configuring, deploying and versioning major and minor database
releases in conjunction with versioned application deployments,
preferably against Oracle Databases or cloud-based databases such
- Configuring, deploying, and versioning major and minor WebLogic
and/or Tomcat builds.
- Proficiency with:
- Training QA and production support staff to perform automated
- Familiarity with DevOps tools/technologies such as
Docker/Fargate, Lambda, CloudFormation/Terraform, and/or
Keywords: DISYS, Germantown , Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!