Diesel Mechanic B
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Overview:Transdev is seeking Diesel Mechanic B for their Herndon
facility. Starting salary $21.39/hr Why Work with Us?
- Starting salary $21.39/hr
- Paid health benefits!
- Holiday pay!
- Paid time off!
- Flexible work schedules!
- Work in a modern state-of-the art facility!
- Ability to advance your career!Responsibilities:
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned
transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach
systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Coaches and monitors team members on the work team
- Other duties as requiredQualifications:
- Must be at least 23 years old with a high school diploma, GED
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy duty transit
- For Diesel Mechanic B level: 3-4 years
- Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake
endorsements (We offer development opportunities for obtaining your
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification
preferred, however, we offer bonuses to obtain your
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret
safety documents, blue prints, schematics and other mechanical
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a
background and a drug testPhysical Requirements:
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.For more
information please visit our website at The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified.The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.Transdev is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without
regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation,
religion or other legally protected status, or any other
classification protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is
the Law Poster: Drug free workplaceIf based in the United States,
applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for
any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and
Keywords: Transdevna, Germantown , Diesel Mechanic B, Engineering , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!