Data Engineer - PySpark - AWS
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: February 24, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes and
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the
future of the housing industry while being par to fan inclusive
team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our
industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your
As a Software Engineer (ETL) on the Enterprise Data Execution Team
you will be working on cloud transformation and be responsible for
implementation as well as hands on development. You will be using
modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update
applications used by business units or infrastructure units. You
will play a technical role in the development teams' efforts to
determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by
the application and participate in or review all of the steps in
the software development life cycle to create and modify the
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your
own, while working alongside people who care so that you can
deliver on the following responsibilities
- Work with product owners and other development team members to
determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised
applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development
efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications,
implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure
that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the
user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture
patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production
in order to make quick repair to keep application in
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively
participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team
ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end
development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect,
deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2
languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and
analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design
engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of
non-functional software qualities such as resiliency,
maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced
behavior-driven testing techniques.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience (required)
- 4-6 years of related experience
- 2+ years of development experience using Pyspark
- Apache Spark experience
- ETL experience Pyspark, AWS Glue
- Hands-on experience in implementation and development using
cloud technologies (AWS)
- Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment, scripting (bash, shell)
- Experience with application integrations such as RESTful Web
Services, and File/Data transfers, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at [email
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Germantown , Data Engineer - PySpark - AWS, Engineering , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!