Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Hughes Network
Posted on: August 26, 2020
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood,
CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global
provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together
with its major subsidiaries-EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes
Network Systems- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to
explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of
engineering and the business functions transforming this
engineering into revenue.
Hughes Network Systems is seeking to hire a Senior Mechanical
Engineer for the research and development of cutting-edge satellite
communication equipment & systems in our Germantown, Maryland
- Responsible for engineering mechanical solutions to electronic
packaging challenges at the chip level, board level, and enclosure
- Custom enclosure design & development will be a main focus of
- Solve challenges with harsh outdoor environments, high power
electronics, and advanced packaging designs.
- Participate in full product life cycle from Concept Industrial
Design, Thermal & Structural Analysis, Development, Prototyping,
Testing, Production Release, and ongoing Production Support.
- Must work well with multi-disciplined engineering teams.
- May be responsible for the direction & mentoring of junior
mechanical engineers and designers.
- Expected to conduct design reviews, perform required mechanical
analysis, and be accountable for meeting cost goals & schedule
- Will lead development projects.
- BSME (or MSME) in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years working experience in the Telecommunications
Electronic Packaging field.
- 5+ years working with 3-D CAD Systems (eg CREO/Windchill).
- 5+ years performing Thermal Analysis & Structural
- 10+ years having broad material knowledge for high volume & low
volume design techniques a must (including plastics, die castings,
extrusions, sheet metal, & elastomers).
- Familiar with environmental & regulatory test standards and
compliance techniques preferred, esp. shock, vibration, UL safety,
EMI/EMC, DFMA, DFMEA.
- Well spoken, self starter, with high energy level & motivation
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local,
state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain
positions. EEO is the law.
Keywords: Hughes Network, Germantown , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!