Senior PCB Design Engineer
Company: Hughes Network Systems
Posted on: May 5, 2020
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood,
CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global
provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together
with its major subsidiaries EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes
Network Systems EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to
explore the boundaries of what s possible in the fields of
engineering and the business functions transforming this
engineering into revenue.
Hughes Network Systems has an exciting, brand new opening for a
SENIOR PCB DESIGN ENGINEER at our Germantown, MD headquarters!
The Sr. PCB Design Engineer is responsible for Printed Circuit
Board design layout as required by product development teams.
* Generate detailed development and documentation of complex
printed circuit boards conforming to applicable IPC and industry
* Work from preliminary schematics, parts lists, and basic
functional description as provided by the design team.
* Work with engineers and factory teams to optimize layouts for
performance, costs, and manufacturability.
* Complete placement and layout of PCB designs using Cadence
Allegro PCB Editor v17.2.
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of industry guidelines for
signal integrity, reliability, and manufacturability per IPC
* Handle design layouts (both RF and Baseband), incorporate
Engineering Change Notices, and provide general technical
* Provide layout assists to less experienced Designers.
* Interface with PCB vendors, and others as needed to resolve
* Assist with maintaining departmental procedures, standards, and
* Meet schedule milestones in conjunction with deployment
* Participate in design reviews.
* Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering
* 10+ years of PCB design experience, and the understanding of PCB
* IPC Certification of CID/CID+ is strongly preferred
* Experience with high density layout and multilayer boards,
controlled impedance traces, RF transmission lines, etched
antennas, grounding techniques, high speed digital, BGAs, power
* Have a prior understanding of how design reviews operate
* Technical understanding of printed circuit board design
* Understand and follow best Configuration Management practices
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local,
state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain
positions. EEO is the law.
Keywords: Hughes Network Systems, Germantown , Senior PCB Design Engineer, Engineering , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!