Senior COMSEC Auditor
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA
M/F/Vet/Disability Overview: The Senior COMSEC Auditor will plan
and conduct COMSEC audits and COMSEC training for the protection of
COMSEC materials and items. Primary Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct COMSEC audits and inventories
according to DOE and National Policies for the protection for
COMSEC materials, classified and CCI equipment for DOE.
- Prepare audit reports, review various COMSEC requests, conduct
inquiries into COMSEC incidents, prepare and conduct COMSEC
training and briefings.
- Conduct day-to-day Central Office of Records activities.
- Coordinate with the National Office of Record as required.
Travel to field sites to conduct audits and training as required.
- Maintain electronic databases and records files.
- Required to assist in COMSEC Key transfers to field sites and
training certifications as necessary.
- May be required to perform duties as COMSEC account manager.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory
responsibilities. Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is desired, but not necessary.
- Ten (10) years of combined experience conducting COMSEC audits
and/or Central Office of Record Operations (COR) for the protection
of Type 1 encryption keys, Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI),
supporting COMSEC accounts, and other associated equipment in
accordance with National Security Agency (NSA) policies and
requirements and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) and
is required. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidate must have the expertise and working knowledge of
COMSEC and COR operations and requirements.
- Must be able to maintain COMSEC databases and interactions with
- Will provide analytical, problem solving, and communication
skills to deal with senior level field oversight. Certificates,
- N/A Security Clearance:
- As required by the contract, must possess appropriate level
clearance (Q and TS clearance and SCI eligible).
- All personnel is required to possess an active Department of
Energy (DOE) "Q" access authorization to perform under this
contract. An active Top Secret clearance from Other Government
Agencies, such as Department of Defense (DoD) based upon a single
scope background investigation is typically acceptable for
clearance reciprocity if the background investigation is less than
five (5) years old. It is required that specified personnel have
access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Physical Demands: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be
able to occasionally, stand; walk; sit; use hands and /or fingers
to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles
and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs;
balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. Physical and
psychological capabilities are required which allow him/her to
perform activities during sustained periods of intense
concentration, working with electrical hazards, under adverse
weather conditions, in confined and restricted areas. The ability
to climb and work at heights; lift and carry heavy loads of at
least 70 pounds; Travel: TBD Work Environment: General office
Keywords: Olgoonik, Germantown , Senior COMSEC Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!